GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums

GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums (http://gnttype.org/forums/index.php)
-   Site NEWS! (http://gnttype.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   GNTTYPE FORUMS RETURN, more changes coming! (http://gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10674)

Keller 02-16-2008 01:33 PM

GNTTYPE FORUMS RETURN, more changes coming!

AS OF THIS MORNING AROUND 3AM, the FORUMS ARE BACK UP ON A BETA BASIS.

The difficulties with getting a clean dump of the board database off the old, damaged Windows 2000 Server box were finally tamed. A clean dump was procured earlier this week, and it was moved to the site's new home. Discussions were had with the personnel at the hosting company for assistance it getting the decrepit version of the software we are using up and talking to the software. After a bit of chat back and forth to try to get all the ducks in a row, it appears to be working. At least for the most part.

We still plan to upgrade the board to 3.6.8, and be turning features on for spam protection that we could not at he old site. So be warned: THERE WILL BE PERIODIC OUTAGES DURING THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. DO NOT CONSIDER THINGS "PRODUCTION" JUST YET. I WOULD NOT CONSIDER IT "PRODUCTION" UNTIL MARCH 1. CAVEAT EMPTOR - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Any changes made will be noted here.

Do not email regarding password issues. There are tools provided to address those. If you get errors while using those, check to be sure they didn't actually work. The database is getting a bit of a workout right now. Its going to be a bumpy ride at first.

HUGE thank you to Rich Inacker, than man who set up the original GNTTYPE vBulletin and who corrected the errors of my database dumping ways. Another HUGE thank you to Joey, Cely, Sarat, and the rest of the gang at realwebhost.net for the execution - at all hours. You make 1&1 look like clowns.

GNTTYPE, back on Unix...where it belongs.

larrym 02-16-2008 07:03 PM

Re: GNTTYPE FORUMS RETURN, more changes coming!

Whooooooooo Hoooooooooooo!
Good to see things up and running!

PaCemkr86 02-16-2008 10:12 PM

this is great Scott !

gnttype has always been my home on all the turbo buick boards

IL KIM 02-16-2008 10:49 PM

Scott! I was beginning to doubt if my favorate board was ever coming back! Congrats and thanks to you and all that kept the vision alive.
Thanks.

socalgn 02-16-2008 11:45 PM

Thanks, Scott! You don't get enough credit for all you do for the Buick community!

Pete

gbsean 02-18-2008 09:24 PM

Great Job Guy's....glad You Are Back...thanks

T-TopFlyer 02-18-2008 10:13 PM

Glad to see it back up and running. Thanks for all your efforts

Turbo6Tech84 02-19-2008 11:25 PM

Good to have gnttype forum back. Thanks for the upgrades

James West 02-20-2008 12:33 PM

Scott,

Glad the board is back.

Keller 02-21-2008 04:11 AM

2/21/08 2:00am CT update:

- The standard smilies are back.
- The post icons are all back, save for one. Not quite sure what is amiss with the "bang head" icon, but that will get straightened out.
- A second attempt was made to resolve the old attachments and personal avatars. It does not look like it resulted in any improvement. This matter will be taken up with the folks on the vBulletin forums to determine a solution.

Please keep in mind:
- Any accounts or posts made may be lost right now. The board is in test/beta status right now.
- Please let me know of any accounts lost from the system that were there before 2008. Contact me at keller -=at=- gnttype.org. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! Accounts that disappeared, and knowing roughly when they were created, would help us track down problems. Please email your ID and address you used to sign up with.
- If you don't know your password, the system will send it to you. Use the tools provided. DO NOT EMAIL THE MODERATORS!

Appreciate your patience,
Scott