GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums

GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums (http://gnttype.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parts WANTED (http://gnttype.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Bad Experience with G-body parts.com (http://gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8374)

syclone738 04-03-2007 10:55 AM

Bad Experience with G-body parts.com

have been trying to place a order with g-body parts .com since last wednesday. I have called multiple times and have been told they would call me back with a total .I have called back over 6 times and still no return call. This is not a small order the total comes to 2913.00 plus shipping. I am looking for a stroker kit, alum radiator, poly motor mounts and a new headliner. If anyone knows where i could get this stuff please let me know. I have never had to beg someone to give them $3000. in sales. Any help would be great.

Keller 04-03-2007 12:39 PM

Re: Bad Experience with G-body parts.com

I believe that G-Bodyparts is in the middle of a move from one state to another in order to get more space for their operation, and their inventory is mostly boxed up. That hasn't stopped them from filling orders, however.

While this might be of no relief to you, this vendor has thrived on the support of the TR community. They have outgrown their facilities several times, and had to move more than once.

I would try them again. Be sure to emphasize that you want their business, and understand their situation, but need them to understand yours. Certainly worth one more try.

PaCemkr86 04-03-2007 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keller
I believe that G-Bodyparts is in the middle of a move from one state to another in order to get more space for their operation, and their inventory is mostly boxed up. That hasn't stopped them from filling orders, however.

While this might be of no relief to you, this vendor has thrived on the support of the TR community. They have outgrown their facilities several times, and had to move more than once.

I would try them again. Be sure to emphasize that you want their business, and understand their situation, but need them to understand yours. Certainly worth one more try.

nice post Scott...

Bweavy 04-03-2007 06:17 PM

Not being a jerk & we spoke on the phone. We tried to call & get CC info but never heard back. You stated we never called. Believe me we bust our ass to get free parts out we are not going to slack on $3k worth of parts.

Not pointing fingers but I don't think this was one sided. Have to defend ourselves when it comes to that statement.

Mostly everyone knows we are relocating.
I do not think any one really realizes how hard it is to move 100 cars & all the parts we have in 15 days to minimize down time for our customers.

Call us back tomorow with a CC & we will get your parts headed to you.We will not package all those parts up just to have them sit. I have 8 major orders out there now on the dock for other businesses who's CC will not go thru.
Sorry that is just the way things will change after our move as well.No payment method no packaging.

Bweavy 04-03-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keller

Thanks Scott that was greatly appreciated.

gmv6turbopower 04-03-2007 06:42 PM

if we trash our vendors where are we gonna buy our parts from? i know i wish atr was still open !!!!!!!

PaCemkr86 04-03-2007 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bweavy
Thanks Scott that was greatly appreciated.

im not feeling the love here Brian

syclone738 04-04-2007 08:35 AM

Well I did just as you guys asked and called them back only to be told that they had tried to call multiple times. The problem with this is that i gave them my direct line at work and my cell phone number both of which have voice mail and neither one had any voice mails from g-body parts . Secondly when i called they did not say sorry they just said they did there part and i was wrong. To top it all off after telling me that they called I asked for a final price on everything shipped with tax. They still did not give me a straight answer and gave me a rough estimate.I will not give my credit card number over without knowing how much I will be charged and do not think anyone in there right mind would either. I will not be doing business with them and have recieved many private messages from other members saying they have had similar problems. I have made this mistake before and wont do it again, I purchased my turbo back from ATR and look where they are now. I can only assume with customer service like this they will be heading down the same path. Thanks for all the pm's with other locations to buy my parts I orderd the stuff yesterday and already have a tracking number for my parts. As far as the comment about who are we gonna buy parts from if we keep bashing our vendors . If you except this it will only get worse , there are plenty of other vendors out there willing to help us out, I spent the extra money and got the be cool radiator the rest of the stuff was available for the same price from other vendors.

steve
87 Gn
86 Gn
91 Syclone
05 Ram SRT-10

Bweavy 04-04-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syclone738
Well I did just as you guys asked and called them back only to be told that they had tried to call multiple times. The problem with this is that i gave them my direct line at work and my cell phone number both of which have voice mail and neither one had any voice mails from g-body parts . Secondly when i called they did not say sorry they just said they did there part and i was wrong. To top it all off after telling me that they called I asked for a final price on everything shipped with tax. They still did not give me a straight answer and gave me a rough estimate.I will not give my credit card number over without knowing how much I will be charged and do not think anyone in there right mind would either. I will not be doing business with them and have recieved many private messages from other members saying they have had similar problems. I have made this mistake before and wont do it again, I purchased my turbo back from ATR and look where they are now. I can only assume with customer service like this they will be heading down the same path. Thanks for all the pm's with other locations to buy my parts I orderd the stuff yesterday and already have a tracking number for my parts. As far as the comment about who are we gonna buy parts from if we keep bashing our vendors . If you except this it will only get worse , there are plenty of other vendors out there willing to help us out, I spent the extra money and got the be cool radiator the rest of the stuff was available for the same price from other vendors.

steve
87 Gn
86 Gn
91 Syclone
05 Ram SRT-10

I quoted you the exact price for your parts. We also read the work phone # you gave us to get back to you.We did call. We deal with about 80-100 different people a day. I want this & will be ordering this & that. Then never get a call back. There is no way I can give every customer that asks exact shipping.
I can not give you an exact price until we package it up. There are no handling fees just exact shipping. No tax on internet sales between states either.
If you have a problem with us giving you a rough idea on shipping on a $3,000.00 order we are sorry. We just can't package up a $3k order with every one who calls to give them an exact price.
If you don't feel that comfortable with us I would prefer you go somewhere else where you do.
As far as PM's from other unhappy customers you will never make everyone happy. I know I tried for years from giving parts away & seeing the same guy I gave free parts post in parts wanted the following week.
Or the famous is that $5.00 shipped???
I had a customer today that had a pump damaged during shipping. He needed a G-77 Racetronix Kit. I gave it to him & ate the shipping. Because he had bought a part that got damaged during shipping & caused a delay.

We are relocating that was told to you. When you can't find that 1 discontinued part you need for your car anywhere remember your post & the bridge you just burnt.
I hate to have this attitude but you guys bring this on yourself.Easier to post then e-mail. Then if the e-mail can not be answered by a vendor of ours in 1 hour you freak out & post & e-mail & call non stop.
I can remember way back when if I got a part from a company in 2 weeks I was happy.Yes back then I was a customer. We ship most parts the same day. If it has to be drop shipped it is out of our control.

I worked 17 hours yesterday & had 5 hours sleep last night. I'm still at work.
Why you ask? To keep orders moving & to get our facility moved with minimum down time for our customers.

Mr. Underwood You know you are loved big guy.

syclone738 04-05-2007 09:28 AM

I got everything I needed from Cottons without the attitude. And this just goes to show what I was talking about. " I burned a bridge with you " great customer service why dont you call Shirley at ATR and ask her where she works cause you will be with her soon with business ethics like that. Oh and by the way I was quoted a final price from Cotton without them packaging my stuff and the order was shipped out yesterday. How does Cottons give me a price out the door with shipping yet you cant. Piss poor customer service. Have a nice day and dont worry I will be telling every one in the DFW area and anyone else I know not to deal with you.As for the hard to find parts I will help anyone In the Dfw are locate them so they do not have to deal with you. Your not the only game in town and as soon as you figure that out you might stop losing customers . I am willing to bet that you will only figure that out after you have been forced to close the doors. Have a nice day and enjoy your business while it last cause with your attitude it wont last long.