GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums

GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums (http://gnttype.org/forums/index.php)
-   Driveability / Troubleshooting (http://gnttype.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Very Bad Track Times Helppp!! (http://gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6911)

ed39 10-28-2006 12:16 AM

Very Bad Track Times Helppp!!

i went to the track for the first time ever with this car. here was my best time of three runs.... RT-.823, 60FT-2.122, 330FT-5.813, 1/8-8.944, MPH-76.87, 1000FT 11.672, 1/4mile 14.003 @96.32mph. wat did i do wrong here i know there is room for low end improvment ie 60ft times should be under 2.0. but my trap speeds suck. only thing i can think of would be my floor mat was behind gas pedal and not getting wot maybe???? knock was less than 2 at 17psi.

mods... atr ram air intake, exhaust, gta rims with 245s all around, whole fule system upgraded injectors, wire kit, regulator. bilstein shocks all around, huge rear sway bar, shift kit B&M, lots o gauges, scan master, upgraded intercooler neck, bigger down pipe (not the 3inch) the atr one 2-3/4?.

the temp was 40 degrees i cooled motor in staging lanes ice on intake, and threw two things of octane booster in it. is there something really wrong here or do i need to learn how to drive the car?????

kenmosher 10-28-2006 09:43 AM

Re: Very Bad Track Times Helppp!!

First, two cans of octane booster did very little if anything ... you really need better gas.

Secondly, we need to see fueling data (O2 readings during the run? Do you have a wideband?) It sounds like it either got lean or rich, especially at the big end ...

Stock turbo and stock injectors should get you into the 12s with a decent 60 ft and 20 psi boost (requiring high octane gas).

Do you still have the cat on the car? If so, make sure it hasn't become plugged....

ed39 10-28-2006 11:33 AM

the car had little to no knock so i know i got the fule pressure and boost right.. i have a hogged out cat so no problem there. could a fuel filter cut the high end power i dont know when the last time it was changed. and another thing my floor mat was behind the gas pedal maybe not getting full throtal?? im going up again this sunday all day wat should i try?

ps..any spefic info you need to help me with this?

Keller 10-28-2006 06:17 PM

Get the knock and O2 numbers from the ScanMaster. Watch what they read during the run. Determine your max boost during the run as well.

ed39 10-28-2006 11:58 PM

well im going up tommro its the last day of racing for NH speedway well see wat happens

87geeinn 10-29-2006 12:11 PM

Looking at your mods, your times aren't really as bad as you think. The only mods that I see that would show you small gains would be your slightly improved intake, exhaust, intercooler neck, and sticky tires. All of the other stuff I would consider supporting mods. Also, on 93 octane, your mods aren't going to show much of a gain until you start running higher boost. What kind of chip are you running? If you are getting knock at 17psi, you might want to back that up to say 16psi and see what happens. You say you were getting some knock on Scanmaster which if was there long enough, the ECM may have started pulling timing which would definitely slow you down. You want 0.0 knock. Learn to tune, and you'll see gains.

ed39 10-29-2006 09:29 PM

well i went to the track.. they closed it to 1/8th mile cause of wind :(. so i worked on my short times. i finally got my 60ft to a 2.0 with street tires and put racing fule in and dialed in the fule pressure so i had no knock. i did notice when the car hit about 4000rpm in first gear it would start to bog or miss surge wat ever you want to call it. until it shifted in to second and then seem to pull hard. my question is wat would cause the car to do this no codes and fule system is good. maybe ignition not getting full spark at this specific time or something else Maf?. i put plugs and wires on it begining of this year and tryed differnet coil packs all those checked out. wat next???

mixed 104octane with 93 got no knock after tunning it right and milivolts were 785 to 795ish wich is perfect. i have a turbo tweak chip and running 17 to 18 pounds o boost

87geeinn 10-29-2006 09:36 PM

Could be lots of things. Too much fuel at WOT in 1st possibly. TPS voltage > 4.5 volts at WOT? What does MAF read at WOT on the Scanmaster?

ed39 10-29-2006 09:38 PM

the tps is messed up cause i think the bushings are gone. but i thought wot is wot reguardless of the volts. the o2 milivolts were at 780 at wot. but even after playing with fuel pressure up and down it had no effect on the surging

87geeinn 10-30-2006 03:37 AM

Your TPS is messed up how? What are you idle and WOT readings? TPS bushings? The TPS is absolutely vital for proper fueling.