GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums

GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums (http://gnttype.org/forums/index.php)
-   Site NEWS! (http://gnttype.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Welcome! (http://gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74)

Keller 08-14-2004 06:35 PM

Welcome!

Welcome, everyone, to the new home of the Grand National and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts Organization.

The web site has been up several weeks. And the forum area only up a few days, and we've not even formally announced it being released; yet we've already had 150+ members sign up! Impressive! However, I have to emphasize that there are likely to be many, many _thousands_ once everyone is made aware and signed back up. So at this time if your questions are not being answered rapidly or your classifieds are not bringing the response you anticipated, please be patient. We are only just getting started.

In addition, we've just migrated the site to a new machine and a new platform. So there are bugs to be worked out. There may be a few missing pieces and non-working elements or dead links to be found as well. We will need your help in working out all these details.

If you note problems with the website, please email the details to gnttype-webmaster@gnttype.org

If you see problems with the forums, please notify the moderators at moderators@gnttype.org

In addition, I extend a HUGE thank you to Ken Mosher for making hosting of this site possible, to Rich Inacker for making configuration of the vBulletin software go rapidly and smoothly, and to Mike Licht for being responsible for the vBulletin installation at the GNTTYPE site.

So...explore, enjoy, learn, teach...build the discussions and contributions that have made GNTTYPE the foremost online authority for Turbo Regal information for over 12 years.

slowsix 08-17-2004 04:53 PM

Re: Welcome!

hello i'm a new 87 grand national owner in the syracuse ny area i just wanted to say hello i understand turbo basics because i had a 1988 thunderbird turbocoupe again i just wanted say hello and thanx for a great site :D

jsta6 08-17-2004 09:49 PM

:D
Thanks Scott!!!

bmackinnon 08-18-2004 12:07 AM

It's Back!!!!

Yaaaaayyyy!!! .....Finally!!!!......
Thank you Scott, Ken, Rich, Mike, Scott, and all who were a part of bringing back my Home Page! The site seems to functioning great... with one exception.... it seems that the link to subscribe to THE LIST needs to be updated!! :D Please hurry! I'm plum out of old digests to read! ;) Thanks guys! Glad u'r back!

Brian MacKinnon
Guntersville, AL
86 T-Type, mostly stock
Lurking since '96

turbogn86 08-21-2004 09:46 PM

is the recipe page still on here? that tells the different stuff needed for each 1/4 mile time?

jsta6 08-21-2004 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbogn86
is the recipe page still on here? that tells the different stuff needed for each 1/4 mile time?

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/recipes/recipepage.html

turbogn86 08-22-2004 12:29 AM

i saw that one but im talkin abuot the old one that had what is needed an it listed it like:
13 seconds
K&N filter $$$
..... $$$
..... $$$
..... $$$
etc.
total $$$

12 seconds $$$
injectors

total $$$
it went like that, anyone remember it?

Keller 08-22-2004 01:43 AM

Read the "Staged" recipe link on that page. ( http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/recipes/Staged1.html )The information is based on a somewhat dated formula, but its all solid information that really hasn't changed.

turbogn86 08-22-2004 07:02 PM

thanks thats what i was looking for...

raxen 08-23-2004 01:17 PM

Nice forum ya got here.

PIreland 08-30-2004 08:43 PM

:) :D I'm real glad you're back. Although information is available at other sites, this one is one of the best.

By the way, please make sure you let us know if the finances get overwhelming or the burden of the website gets too great.

zbuickman 09-04-2004 07:25 PM

ALLRIGHT its back. I see I had to re register. Are the any updates as to wether you are going to have the e-mail list again? otherwise great to see it again :D

turboG 09-05-2004 12:30 AM

Glad to see the site back up and running.....

Keller 09-07-2004 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zbuickman
Are the any updates as to wether you are going to have the e-mail list again?

There was discussion about this before the old site was shut down. There is a clear desire to have an email list, and we plan to have it. It just hasn't been set up yet. The list will be focued to be used by the more seasoned vetrans that had known and loved it in the past, while the board will be more for those who are into this format.

Stay tuned...its coming! :D

Barbee 09-12-2004 09:31 PM

:confused: Im new to this GN stuff, I am the proud owner of a 1984 Grand national, but I have a question, what is a GNX?

Keller 09-12-2004 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbee
what is a GNX?

See http://my.ohio.voyager.net/~rowilson/frtpge.html and http://www.buickgnx.com/ for more info.

GNXDad 09-17-2004 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keller
There was discussion about this before the old site was shut down. There is a clear desire to have an email list, and we plan to have it. It just hasn't been set up yet. The list will be focued to be used by the more seasoned vetrans that had known and loved it in the past, while the board will be more for those who are into this format.

Great to see this site up and running again! I used to be on the old site email list. I like the new format. Thanks S. Keller!

GNetic86 09-17-2004 01:33 AM

Totally forgot to introduce myself here. I'm Jeff, 26 from the Philly Area. I've been into these cars for a few years now since my first car was an 84 Regal Limited (RIP - recently totaled). Anyways, I finally found an 86 GN to play with, totally stock, generally in good shape but in need of a LOT of tlc, and thus my many postings to date already :D

Also to mention, my daily driver is a supercharged Pontiac Grand Prix GTP :cool:

Thanks to all involved with this site, its been a lot of help so far!!

~GNETIC86~

AT7WE2 09-19-2004 09:08 PM

Welcome back guys!! Glad to see the most awsome Buick website on the net is back in action! I hope Scott and Ken and everybody else are all doing well.

I wasn't a very active member of the gnttype "forums" before, but I intend to change that :D this time around. Like gnttype, my GN has been down for a while (longer than the site) but, also like the site, it's back in action and better than ever! :D :D

Great job guys!

MrPhantom 11-07-2004 04:08 AM

Quote:

Welcome, everyone, to the new home of the Grand National and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts Organization.

The web site has been up several weeks. And the forum area only up a few days, and we've not even formally announced it being released; yet we've already had 150+ members sign up! Impressive! However, I have to emphasize that there are likely to be many, many _thousands_ once everyone is made aware and signed back up. So at this time if your questions are not being answered rapidly or your classifieds are not bringing the response you anticipated, please be patient. We are only just getting started.

In addition, we've just migrated the site to a new machine and a new platform. So there are bugs to be worked out. There may be a few missing pieces and non-working elements or dead links to be found as well. We will need your help in working out all these details.

If you note problems with the website, please email the details to gnttype-webmaster@gnttype.org

If you see problems with the forums, please notify the moderators at moderators@gnttype.org

In addition, I extend a HUGE thank you to Ken Mosher for making hosting of this site possible, to Rich Inacker for making configuration of the vBulletin software go rapidly and smoothly, and to Mike Licht for being responsible for the vBulletin installation at the GNTTYPE site.

So...explore, enjoy, learn, teach...build the discussions and contributions that have made GNTTYPE the foremost online authority for Turbo Regal information for over 12 years.

Thanks for the invite, and to all the other members, Im sure many of you guys own these Ultimate newage muscle cars from the late 80's yet i don't as of yet. Before i get more heavenly involved in college i am finishing my 72 Monte Carlo which will be sold and i Will purchase an 86-87 IC turbo regal. Funny i should say this, but I am no stranger to the Buick brigade, seeing as my older bro once owned an 85 "hot air" bu' with slight mods that was murdering vettes. :) Well wish me luck guys and gals, in my hopes of buying a GN/Ttype/Turbo T, within the next year (that would be a cool present for my 22nd Bday.)

gngirl 11-16-2004 04:15 PM

Thank YOU!

Hello to all,

I am not sure where to post this but here is a start. First I would like to thank you for the site and all that is repesents, and I NEED to and very much WANT to THANK all for the wonderful help and information, could not be doing this with out your help.

I have dreamed since they started making the Grand National of one day owning one, and then in september the love of my life got me one for my birthday!! And she is a beauty....84 t-top leather interier, honey comb wheels and looks Awesome!! We have had a few problem with her and by the time we are done will have rebuilt the entire engine and without your help this would have never been possiable.

I can not thank all who have helped enough and give you all the credit and praise that you each deserve, and I have more knowledge of this car than I though possible and can actually hold a conversation on the tech of it......

Imagine that a chick that knows her car inside and out! Would love to share some pictures of her with you all as this CAR is a part of all on this site and I am PROUD to tell people that GNTTYPE is where I learned my ****.........

Thank YOU!!!!

go-baby-go 11-18-2004 09:59 PM

Hello all,

Well...what can I say? I love G-bodies. lol. It's relatively straightforward really. The G-body is one hot car. So...yeah. lol.

Well, I'm gobabygo from Pittsburgh, PA. I'm in need of an 84-87 turbo Buick to suit my speed desire. A Honda isn't cutting it anymore. You heard it...an import guy converted!! haha. Actually, my family has been around muscle cars since the 50's...so I couldn't get away with a Honda. lol.

So yeah...that's me.

bmackinnon 01-20-2005 02:35 PM

Any "List" update?

Quote:

This forum is great, and works well for very quick answers.... but I'm still Jonesing for my daily email "List" digests! :( I'll bet there's a few long timers that would back me up, too!! Any progress?? Thanks!!

Boosted77 11-12-2005 10:54 PM

Hey all, just picked up a '85 GN for $3500 bucks, and want to learn as much as possible about the car. It's got glossy black paint, not a single ding or dent on it, and the interior's in pretty good shape too. It's runs real strong. I've got another 80's turbocharged car with over 300hp so I'm pretty knowlegeable about turbo stuff. I try to take good car of my cars and this GN will be no acception. I'm looking foward to getting to know you guys, and maybe soon be able to help somebody else. I've ALWAYS liked these cars and I never thought I'd own one someday, so I'm happy to say that I now own a GRAND NATIONAL...Yeah Baby!

AT7WE2 11-13-2005 06:41 PM

Congrats!

Welcome to the Dark Side!

Sounds like a good deal. I'd like to pick up a hotair car like that for myself!

Rob

rattattack1313 01-15-2006 04:35 PM

Hi there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rat here from Australia............thought I would join up & say G'day..........I have what WE call a Commodore, with a v6 3800 Buick in her.............1993, ex Police surveilance car, repainted now, nice standard metalic green, 5 spoke Holden magnesium-alloy Mags..........fully greened out lighting, parkers, interior lights, glovebox , boot,under the front seats, the front footwells, under bonnet, all with green lighting...... :tup: she is a pretty good looking car now..............put a spoiler on the boot-lid, too.....Aussie Flag on the rear window shelf, (to cover up the hole where the rear window brake light used to be, but I took it out because the spoiler has brake lights in it)....grey sheepskin seat covers make it a more comfortable ride....new CD player...( 4way)....will post pix 2moro......... nice to meet you alll...Rat.

wantsaTtype 02-25-2006 12:28 PM

Hello there, Im new to this site. My name is mike im from Connecticut. I have always loved the GN and T types. I am currently looking to buy one. I also am looking for as much info on these cars as I can. Looking foward to talking with some of you.

buickbear 03-21-2006 01:44 AM

Hello, Sorry but I do not have a GN or regal T-type but my project car is a buick and has almost the same motor. I have been looking for a good buick site and after reading the post this one seems to have it all.

Turbo_smh 09-17-2008 05:55 PM

I would just like to thank everyone who is a part of this website! I have owned my regal now for about 2 years and this site has literally been a bible to me for troublshooting and my modification procedures. Keep up the awesome job!:hail: I would like to knw when the jacket patches be ready to order?? I am dying to get one! Thanks again

Spoolin' 11-07-2010 07:43 PM

Hello All,

I just signed up here. I have an '87 GN with some minor mods (Sorry, I'm one of those guys who doesn't give his secrets away). Hoping to meet some fellow TR enthusiasts around the Madison, WI area if there is some on this board.

Keep Spoolin' :yesnod:

MrMarty51 01-28-2013 12:06 AM

Hello
my name is Martin,I live in Miles City Mt.I do`nt own a Buick but I have owned a 3.8 Turboed long block with all the plumbing and a 3.8 short block with a new turbo that came with it for about twelve years,yes,they are stored in My heated garage and on engine stands so the invironment is somewhat controlled.
I have also rounded up a bell housing,clutch,flywheel and a 5 speed manual transmission to go with it.
I know some may think it to be sacriledge but I also have what I believe is a 1962 Mercedes,well,at least I know it is a Mercedes, that I need to get home and I`m thinking that the turboed 3.8 and the five speed might be a good combination for that Mercedes,or,possibly a 67 MG-B that I have had setting around which was going to be My first candidate for that 3.8.
Anyhow,thank You for putting up this forum so people can have a place to pick up on do`s and do`nts about these engines and cars.

Mike G 07-30-2013 04:15 PM

Newby here

Hmm...what to say....

Bought my GN brand new/original from the dealer, literally drove it off the showroom floor. Bought the last one I knew of in St. Louis in 87.

Was a daily driver for 5-6 yrs, alternating with my motorcycle.

Well, in recent years she ended up sitting alot, as result of health and family issues she's had about 200 miles in 5 yrs. Currently has about 60K on her. She is bone stock other than several accumulator ball/PM replacements. Only things changed were normal service stuff.

So now I am getting her back to road ready, mainly preparing to switch out the Powermaster to a vacuum system. She has a bit of a miss, but that will wait til the brake system is changed.

MrMarty51 07-31-2013 06:47 AM

Re: Newby here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike G (Post 66579)
Hmm...what to say....

Bought my GN brand new/original from the dealer, literally drove it off the showroom floor. Bought the last one I knew of in St. Louis in 87.

Was a daily driver for 5-6 yrs, alternating with my motorcycle.

Well, in recent years she ended up sitting alot, as result of health and family issues she's had about 200 miles in 5 yrs. Currently has about 60K on her. She is bone stock other than several accumulator ball/PM replacements. Only things changed were normal service stuff.

So now I am getting her back to road ready, mainly preparing to switch out the Powermaster to a vacuum system. She has a bit of a miss, but that will wait til the brake system is changed.

That sounds like a beauty of a car and, worthy of a restoration.
Welcome to the forum.
Nice to see someone new in here.
I looked at about an 87 or so Riviera. I like that body style, turns out they are a front wheel drive and I do`nt think that My turboed 3.8 will fit that, well, not without a LOT of modifications. :ugh::popcorn2:

carlu 10-15-2014 02:21 PM

New, sort of, Carl with an 84 T-Type

Hi,
I'm Carl from NEPA, USA. I have a 1984 T-Type that I bought back in 1992 as my daily driver. I drove it for years and had lots of fun. Black, tan interior, T-tops. Mostly stock except for the turbo.

I started reading the GNTType mailing list in the mid-90s - I'd estimate about 1996. But I never joined for some reason. Thanks for all the informative posts and discussions!

Eventually there were too many repairs and I parked the car intending to get it back on the road. That was in 2001... The car hasn't moved much since then, and hasn't run since the fuel pump went bad a few years ago.

My T-Type is pretty rusty and a hot air car, so I guess it's not worth too much to anyone but me. So I plan to get it back on the road to drive and enjoy.

corkatoa 10-24-2015 08:15 PM

Just got an 85 with a hole in the oilpan and a lot of body issues. Have an 87 engine being built right now and getting the body off the frame to go to the body shop!!

kenmosher 10-27-2015 12:57 PM

Re: Newby here

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMarty51 (Post 66588)
I looked at about an 87 or so Riviera. I like that body style, turns out they are a front wheel drive and I do`nt think that My turboed 3.8 will fit that, well, not without a LOT of modifications. :ugh::popcorn2:

The 84/85 Riviera had a hot air turbo set up available and there have been a couple I've seen converted to intercooled (with a lot of custom piping and mounting). The front drive on that was kind of weird (like a 200-4R split in half and stacked).