GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums

GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums (http://gnttype.org/forums/index.php)
-   Fuel Systems (http://gnttype.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   wiring to/for fuel pump question stumped need help (http://gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13502)

gnray76 02-27-2010 02:15 PM

wiring to/for fuel pump question stumped need help

Hi,
its w/ one of the wires at the rear of tank, 3 pin female connector for fuel pump/sender its tan w/ white tracer- oil sending unit wire? mine has been removed from connector (still in harness coroded) and replaced w/ a wire that runs to positive side of external bosch canister pump, (which Im removing, an putting pump back in tank)... the other wire on positive side runs to the fuel pump relay... looks to be a faded yellow wire?.
Could I tie these two together? an run that way?
wiring diagram I have does NOT show a yellow or a tan, there is a gray wire on diagram that the tan/white wire connects some were in haness.......
thanks, ray

Ts86ttype 02-28-2010 02:51 PM

Re: wiring to/for fuel pump question stumped need help

Ray, The stock setup at the plug in at the fuel tank is ,black wire for ground, a pink wire for the fuel tank level sensor and the tan wire with the white stripe for the fuel pump power... Not sure on the yellow wire... Has there been a hot wire fuel pump relay set up added to your system??? In your wiring diagram the grey wire does come from the oil sender and original fuel pump relay in the engine compartment, down the line it turns into the tan/white wire to the fuel pump... Don't start hooking wires up together until you know their source... Maybe you could get some pics of what you have to help us??? Tom G.

gnray76 03-02-2010 12:49 AM

:hail:thanks for the reply, over 60 people looked at this thread on turbobuick an know one replied... so I signed up here, so I thank you again...
I had unplugged the connector from the relay, these wire's are so.. over 20yrs old if you know what I mean..yuk
So the bulb turned on above my head... I took a razor and scraped the wire insulation to remove the outer 20yr old discoloration, (it was gray):duh:, so chitty and feel dumb cause this wire looks LT. YELLOW....chit happens...
I had hooked wires together at tank (before soldering and heatshrinking)... turned key forward and checked power at relay, when I hooked battery up, relay clicked 12v on and then shut off 0v's so I know that was the pump prime.
woo hoo what a relief.......

Keller 03-02-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnray76 (Post 55421)
thanks for the reply, over 60 people looked at this thread on turbobuick an know one (sic) replied... so I signed up here, so I thank you again...

This site is all about tech, not chat. Feel free to stay awhile. And tell others.

gnray76 03-03-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keller (Post 55422)
This site is all about tech, not chat. Feel free to stay awhile. And tell others.

thanks keller!!! and thank you...