View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 04:06 AM
Senior Contributor

Shawn N is on a distinguished road
Default Caspers Story Time

Had a problem with a battery (Duralast) so I thought. It was 3 years old and I figured it had a dead cell so off to Wal-Mart at midnight to pick up a new Champion battery. Car started and ran great afterwards. I decided to also replace the alternator before summer starts since it appeared to be the original. I actually found the correct 120 amp at a O'Reily's in Arlington with a lifetime warranty for $120! I went outside to go to the store the next night to pick up some cokes and I heard a high pitch hum coming from the Regal. I crawled under the back end and the fuel pump was running non stop. So much for the battery fix. Upon checking out the wiring I noticed some water running down the hot wire. I have a Casper's hot wire kit by the way. The pump plug was missing the weatherpack seal on the 12ga lead going to the tank and the relay filled up with water. I blew out the water and coated the spades with die-electric grease and it gave up last night after 2 weeks. I called Casper's this afternoon and I just wanted to get the seal and a new relay to patch it back up. I was expecting to pay for the items and instead they are going to send me a entire new kit free of charge. I wish other TR vendors were like this but it's the usual tough sh*t when it comes to broken parts but not Casper's.