Retired

turbodave38 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to turbodave38
Default Re: Turbo going bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roche314 View Post
scott,

thanks for the info.

i just talked to jack cotton, and he recommended going with a cpt-60. Anything larger would require a different torque converter and an intercooler upgrade. Even though it isn't completely stock appearing, the stock heat shield still fit over it, and I think it will make it through emissions.

What I had to do to mine when I was in CA, was to get a piece of hard rubber tubing (like you can get at BIG truck stores) with a bit of a bend in it, then I went to an auto parts store and bought hard plastic tube/grommet thing that usually plugs into valve covers for a breather tube that would normally run to an aircleaner. I drilled a hole in the hard rubber tube (it will fit over the bell mouth of the turbo) and glued the plastic tube to it. I then had to get a very short piece of 3" metal tube to slide into the hard rubber piece so my stock maf tube would have something to slide over and clamp to.

This is what my stock valve cover breather tube then fit onto, making it a near perfect replica of the stock breather setup. I still made it though visual even with a fmic because I had all the stock breather/aircleaner setup to put on just for smog inspection.
SD2 Speed Density fuel, spark and boost management