View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Senior Contributor

87geeinn is on a distinguished road
Default Ship your converter for $13.95

Just a heads up:

The good 'ol USPS has a box with a Priority Mail flat-rate of $13.95 that you can ship up to 70 lbs anywhere, as long as it fits in the box. The box measures 12" x 12" x 6". It is perfect for shipping out a torque converter because the dimensions are just right. I just protected the hub, added a little padding and off she goes this morning. Also, the USPS hand sorts all Priority Mail so the chances of your shipment being roundhouse kicked a la Chuck Norris style are probably less than if you went with UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.

I have a 9" non-lock Art Carr stall converter that I had to ship off. As far as converters go, that one is a lightweight, weighing in at just over 27lbs. At that weight, it would have been $57 to ship. I could only imagine how much a 12" lock-up would cost. Link below:

Postage Price Calculator
87 GN, stroker, Champion irons and intake, 218/212 cam, TE60, 70mm TB, Precision plenum, FMIC, Alky, Innovate WB, TurboTweak, Powerlogger, 9" real Art Carr non-lock, Brian Hofer 200r4, TA stainless headers, 3" DP, 60lb injectors, MT ET Streets.