View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Tech Support

PaCemkr86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PaCemkr86
Default Re: Cutting out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDOW2 View Post
Hey guys, I'm officially a proud owner of the turbo Buick, an 87 GN to be exact. Waited 20 years to get it, and while I'm no stranger to an engine or working on one, this is my first turbo car. I got the car at s really good price, and with only 50k original miles. I won't bore anyone, just get right to the point. Starts up, runs, and idles just fine. As for acceleration, as soon as it gets into full boost, it pings, sometimes pops, and cuts out, and occasionally dies. It has a new Bosch pump, regulator, (non adjustable), and filter. And a new fuel tank. It has a digital dash, with the idiot lights, no check engine light on, and a stupid two bar, yellow and orange, for the turbo power. I'm curious as to where I need start looking first, what mandatory gages I need, besides a boost gauge, knock, and temp guage. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated! And again, I'm happy to finally be a part of the crowd!
really need to know how much its boosting.. wategate could be stuck closed and overboosting.. and getting major knock retard...
get a scan tool like scanmaster or powerlogger .
pull the ECM out and see what chip is in it

My Turbo Buick