View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 06:49 AM
Senior Contributor

buddiiee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Final Word on front disc brakes

i see.. thats good stuff but.. my stock brakes work just fine

if your brakes dont work that good, try improving the rears, with bigger cylinders. and ive also heard, from i think it was ken mosher, but dont quote me on that..that you can take the two larger shoes, and put them onto one side, then buy another set, and use those two large shoes on the other side. then throw some aluminum drums on there. im guessing the aluminum drums keep things a tad cooler, as i know aluminum gives up its heat really quickly, and that has to be good news for break shoes. if you run this option, and everything else is tuned to where its supposed to be, you should be just fine. if youre trying to boost at the line, and your brakes cant hold ya, do a line lock or trans brake. but, for as hard as i drive my gn, (which is kinda hard) my brakes work just fine.
KB chip,2400 TC,K&N cai,stage3 shiftkit,bilstein shocks,engine strap,1.375 rear bar,all 4 brace kits,2.5"catless dual exhaust,bosch afpr,airbag,160 t-stat,power plate,ported inlet bell,alum drums,S-10 cylinders.On deck:LT1 springs,hotwired walbro.