View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 10:44 AM

buickpe87 is on a distinguished road
Default Fusible links near to the starter

I had to replace the tarter in our GN 87. Starter is Powermaster. Now the all cables donīt reach to the starter. I mean the smaller cables, which has to be bolted in to the main position and the R- position(I have renewed earlier the main cable from the battery and it is ok). There is three fusible links near to the starter.

Now I have to lenghten the cables in question. Is it an good idea to feed the new longer cables from the engine compartment through the aftermarket fuse box and discard the original fusible links?

I have already pulled the cables up in to the engine compartment and now is the two possibilities; to lenghten the cables in the engine compartment soldering the additional cable pieces into each(two joint positions in each or the press joints) or the new cables with one joints from the original cable ends trough the new fuse box located in the engine compartment to the starter discarding the original fusible links.

Yes, installing the new cabling through the new fuse box there is also the several joint points adding the voltage drops a little bit.

How to proceed?