View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 02:19 PM

buickpe87 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fusible links near to the starter

Hi,

thanks for your answer too Scott!

So, what I did, was(maybe stupid cable work): I pulled up into the engine compartment the cables from the starter except the cable from the battery to the starter (it was long enough; replaced it earlier with thicker one).

To pull the smaller cables up to the engine compartment was not so easy regarding to the small cable route area between the firewall and the other cables. Anyway, after pulling the cables up, I soldered the extensions( about 20 cm) to the cables and partly I had to use the crimp- joints.
(My solder gun didnīt serve me right in the all work).I used the heat crimping socks in all joints anyway.

After the extension work pulling the cables down from the engine compartment back down to the starter area was more difficult than pulling them up, because the cable feed area was smaller than before now, because I had to pull hard the cables up in the engine compartment for joint work(stupid) and this plugged even more the mentioned cable feed area. I mean the other cables in that area, which plugged somehow the route when pulling the cables up.

So, the work is done now anyway. How about the starter quality, is it ok or not?

Thanks,

Pentti