Thread: in the market
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 01:38 AM

iwantatr is on a distinguished road
Default in the market

I am going to sell my house within 3 months and am expected to walk away with 30-40k and am looking at buying a grand national or typhoon as well as finally "finishing" my 69 GTO Judge. My first car was a 89 GTA if i can find a turbo GTA I'd consider that as well. I've been reading all I can on here as far as RPO's/VIN to make sure I get the real deal. I've also been reading the recipes and I have a few questions. First off I have no experience with a turbo car but how fast will I be able to go with the stock turbo? The end result is driveability and reliability. My goals are 11's and very streetable. I've noticed that the recipes consist of stock heads/cam that I read. How well do these cars respond to cam/head upgrades? It seems like with fuel system (pump and injectors), tranny (shift kit/cooler), downpipe, and a chip you're already in the mid/low 12's. Is it really that easy? Again with my lack of experience with turbo motors I know a good boost gauge and a waste gate are a MUST. I haven't priced this stuff out yet but I'm thinking thats about $1k. My main concern is at what point I would need to upgrade the turbo and how much is too much? Going fast is fun but I don't want to go boom in the process. Like they say speed costs money how fast do you wanna go but I want to be smart about it and would like to hear any input from those who have been down this road before me.