View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Whoosh

kenmosher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got burglarized ... UPDATE

An update ...

As things progressed, one morning I wake up and see a bunch of garbage bags on the end of my driveway. Take a little stroll out in the chill and see some of my stuff poking through the holes in the bags!

The laptop is laying there (broken) but there, plus I recognize a couple other things that I didn't even know were missing! I also see a note attached that apologized and pleaded for me to "not press charges". Sorry, that is up to the DA/Law Enforcement ... outta my hands.

I called dispatch and reported that I was "unburglarized"! After she stopped laughing, the deputies were dispatched along with an evidence technician. They scooped it all up and took it back for processing (and I'm waiting for the OK to go at least inventory the stuff).

I just got paperwork for "Victim's Impact Statement" that list the two guys they charged. Looks like they served the warrant on Christmas Eve ... that must have sucked! Turns out one is a neighbor's adult kid ... For crying out loud! That explains how they knew what was there (I used to have HOA meetings in my shop, and sometimes the kids would tag along). That makes me feel a bit better, but we'll see how much damage and how much of the stuff is returned.

What a friggin' hassle ...

Picture of some of the returned stuff dumped in my driveway ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1535.jpg
Views:	1175
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1928  
2012 Volkswagen Tiguan (the Tig!) Night Blue Met (sold)
2006 Trailblazer SS Red Jewel Tint 395 HP AWD (sold)
2014 Silverado LTZ Crew 4WD
2012 Honda VFR 1200F Tahitian Blue (sold)
2015 BMW S1000R Racing Red
2013 Honda CBR500R Red (wife's bike)
2014 Triumph Bonneville T100
2003 Harley Davidson V Rod Anniversary Edition