View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 07:38 PM

dmoberg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: '78 LeSabre Sport Coupe

This one is dark blue with a light blue interior. The car needs some attention. The interior is all original and it's been sitting for a long while. All the gauges, instruments, and even the clock still works just fine. I've rebuilt the top end of the motor completely. Had a broken bolt/stud in one of the heads so I just found a good set of heads and had them reworked. All new valves, exhaust manifold, it fires right up. I even found a new original Rochester quadrajet and replaced the carb. It's a particular part number, not a regular quadrajet, modified for the turbo application. New radiator, hoses, belts, tires, distributor, cap, wires, rotor, starter, alternator, and so on. I've pretty much got the motor and accessories done, all new stuff. There is a little rust behind the turbo emblem on the driver's side front fender. The car sat in an aircraft hanger in south Texas for about 12 years waiting on a probate court settlement. I bought it from the company that got it after the court deal. Free and clear, current title, and no issues there. It needs minor body work but for the most part it's in great shape, sound. The interior is old and musty, needs to be redone or covered. I gave the car to my daughter, she wanted it. Seems now she doesnt' have the money or space to finish it, and I don't want it to just sit and rot. I need to post a couple photos....maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the info Ken.