GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Transmission / Torque Converter Tech

Old 12-08-2004, 06:15 PM

fastestv6injaxs is on a distinguished road
Default who builds the best trans for over 600hp???

i've been thinking of sending mine to art carr tranmission???
Old 12-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Turbo2nr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: who builds the best trans for over 600hp???

His stuff rocks! Many 9sec cars have his magic touch. I love my stuff from him. If you have a virgin 200 tranny, just get a local guy to install his parts. Art will talk to tranny tech. to help him thru the surgury. I installed a shift kit, hardened forward drum, T-brake, Hardened stator support, clutches, band, 10vane pump, and some other stuff. Call CPT and talk to Steve or Art. They really know what to buy, and what is a waste of money. I also like his non-lockup. Ripping 60' times of 1.51 with stock suspension, stock motor/cam/heads, just a turbo, fuel, and front mount.
Then, all you need are some good axles for around $150 from summit or jeggs, and you are ready to raise the front wheels!
85 Riviera T-Type/ 87 GN, stock motor, GT67 P-trim .85 housing(no new times yet), 9" non-lockup Art Carr, T-brake, PTE front mount, 3" TB, Power Plate, 7th Shooter, SMC alky, Red Armstrong Chips, ATR rear Sway Bar, 11.1 with old turbo, 1.51 60'
Old 12-09-2004, 01:38 AM

it had already been built once by pmac but could only support 400hp and when we rebuilt our motor it's got a lil more then that now!!!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 07:58 AM
Senior Contributor

Turbo2nr is on a distinguished road

Sometimes tranny guys do weird things. Most techs. do not like to get sloppy seconds. I know minne doesn't.
85 Riviera T-Type/ 87 GN, stock motor, GT67 P-trim .85 housing(no new times yet), 9" non-lockup Art Carr, T-brake, PTE front mount, 3" TB, Power Plate, 7th Shooter, SMC alky, Red Armstrong Chips, ATR rear Sway Bar, 11.1 with old turbo, 1.51 60'
Old 12-09-2004, 01:14 PM

he said it was fine he'd take care of it!
Old 12-12-2004, 03:33 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: who builds the best trans for over 600hp???

There is "Art Carr", and then there is Mr. Art Carr, the man. Through some business wranglings, the business operating as Art Carr isn't Art's anymore.

Art's own business is California Performance Transmissions [CPT] in Huntington Beach, CA at 1-800-278-2277