GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Vendors > Vendor / Dealer Feedback

Old 11-14-2012, 07:15 PM

dmoberg is on a distinguished road
Default GBbodyparts

A picture's worth a thousand words.....draw your own conclusion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GBodyparts 012.jpg
Views:	1431
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	2807  Click image for larger version

Name:	GBodyparts 009.jpg
Views:	1447
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	2808  Click image for larger version

Name:	GBodyparts 016.jpg
Views:	1468
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	2809  

Last edited by dmoberg; 11-16-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Senior Contributor

ed39 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ed39
Default Re: Caution: Frustration ahead at GBbodyparts

I have had plenty of issues with them very poor customer service and they rip you off pretty badly. It's too bad they are a huge vendor
blue top injectors, lt1 maf, translator, ATR single shot exhaust, 3inch dp, gnx wheels, turbo tweak chip , atr rear sway bar, super servo, shift kit, stock converter, 210/205 cam at .50 100lb springs, pt 51 turbo street tune for now
Old 03-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Shawn N is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed39 View Post
I have had plenty of issues with them very poor customer service and they rip you off pretty badly. It's too bad they are a huge vendor
Yeah I hear you Ed. 4 out 5 of my last orders were incorrect or missing gaskets. At least PTE sent the missing parts overnight for the plenum they dropped shipped out. I have been waiting a month for a freaking inlet bell gasket from Gbody!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:30 AM
Senior Contributor

JAMIEPACURN is on a distinguished road

My recent report card with G-body parts would be an "F". Back in December I ordered two cans of "Light Saddle" paint to brighten my dark saddle interior to the light saddle. Since two cans were not enough to do the dash, door panels, and console I ordered three more cans from G-body parts and specified specifically that I wanted "Light saddle" paint in the comment section. They sent me Tan color paint so sent an email to Brian Weaver, the "manager" who stated he would send me the correct color. So days go by and I got my paint which stated "Light Saddle" on the can but obviously was not the correct color paint that I received back in December. So I informed Brian of his mistake and he told me it would be two weeks before he would get another shipment of paint in called "Light Saddle". Well its currently 3 weeks and have heard NOTHING from Brian. I have sent an email directly to G-Body parts and a personal email to his account. I have heard absolutely nothing from them. So I have been waiting over a month for my correct color to come in while I'm just left in limbo wondering what is going on. I have given G-body parts lots of business but I'm officially done with them. I don't care if I have to pay triple the amount from Kirban or other Buick vendors. If Brian wants to lose customers he is doing a great job. I don't even own a business but common sense tells me you need someone in a company who can follow up on orders and take care of obvious mistakes such as the initial post with pictures. I would be embarrased Brian if I was in your shoes letting a customer receive such poor quality/dirty parts like that. Believe me, word gets around really fast especially with serious Buick members. Hope other Buick enthusiest don't have to deal with problems with G-body parts. I frankly don't even know how they stay in business with unacceptable practices like this!

So now I'm going to have to go to a paint store and try my best to have someone mix up a color of "light saddle" to match my existing paint. I even called the store in North Carolina myself where G-body parts gets their paint made up and Napa can't ship it to me due to a D.O.T. violation of shipping cans with oxygen in them. However, G-Body parts can put cans of paint in a regular box and ship them UPS to my house in Indiana. Hope other people don't have the same issues I have had with that company.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:06 AM

jlat is on a distinguished road

hello; I don't know about them either but my last order worked out and it was delivered quickly from when I ordered it. They do carry alot of parts and are working on new stuff but there a little unorganized IMO. I know there looking for help doing phone orders I believe. If my order is wrong as with anyone I'll call them to work it out but more BS you have to do.
IBBY
Old 03-03-2013, 05:34 AM
Senior Contributor

Bang Head Re: Caution: Frustration ahead at GBbodyparts

I hear you Jamie. I exchanged a 100 emails with Weaver never can get him on the the phone. No one else there seems to have a clue. How hard is it to put a freakin inlet bell gasket in the box of my next order, twice failed! They are such a huge vendor with just about everything for TR's. I still recommend them just because of the selection. Kirban does have some really good prices (stock gm coil packs $59!) but some are overpriced compared to other vendors. I have never had a problem with them in 15 years. I wish Poston was still around!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Senior Contributor

G-body parts as a business fails to pay attention to details. I mean forgetting to put a gasket into a box should be the easiest order ever to do. Brian told me they only do about 50 business transactions a day which is really not much at all and should not be getting any complaints at all from any customers.

Last edited by JAMIEPACURN; 03-04-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Shortened the post
Old 06-04-2013, 04:18 AM
Senior Contributor

Well since I last posted I have placed 3 more orders with G-Body. One was perfect and got the items in 2 days. I use Priority Mail (so the wife won't see it tehe) and the 2nd almost went Fed-Ex but Brian caught it at the last minute (after I emailed him). The 3rd I placed 2 weeks ago and it has yet to ship. I got a email back with tracking info and it was never given to the carrier for shipment. Really sucks because they have so many restoration parts no one else has or can get.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Shawn

I totally understand your frustration with G-body parts. They do have a lot "Eye Candy" parts for our cars but its to bad they don't have better customer service. Brian still owes me for two paint cans that I will never see but I'm not going to cry over $40.00. He totally left me hanging and got no follow up. Needless to say its been a long time since I purchased any products off of him. Hope your wife doesn't get your package..............LOL
Old 07-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Ok so I get the mail today and there's a letter from G-Body parts. I open it up and low and behold the missing in action 70mm tb gasket and inlet bell gasket fall out along with a invoice dated 2/7/13 but the letter itself is postmarked 6/28/13. UNFREAKIN BELEAVABLE!