GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Intercooled - 1986-1987 Turbo Regals / GNs

Old 07-06-2014, 08:51 PM

Rob86 is on a distinguished road
Default almost done

Well, I'm almost ready to get my car on the road the first time this year. Finished the spring clean, all that's left on my vacuum brake swap is bleeding the brakes, got the Power Plate on (RJC has fast shipping) oil change and then I'll be ready for a drive Wooohooo!
Next plans are too get the spoolfool front bumper fillers and a couple small dings paintless removed then I'll be done for the summer.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Senior Contributor

pajeff87 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: almost done

"spoolfool" - what is that? I need bumper fillers for the front and rear on our car.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:47 AM

Supposedly he makes the best, gel coated hand laid fiberglass. It's nice that they match as is from the box, if your car is black. He's got a one piece rear also. I'm saving up now for them.

http://www.nos4gn.com/servlet/the-86...-bumper/Detail
Old 07-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Senior Contributor

pajeff87 is on a distinguished road

Just saw a post on these in another thread. They are nice looking pieces. Our car needs some paint work anyway, so not a big deal to get these shot as well.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Senior Contributor

JAMIEPACURN is on a distinguished road

Now that you got the Powerplate installed are you going to tackle changing the valve springs next????
Old 07-08-2014, 12:16 PM

Yes that is also in my list. I forgot to mention I had also purchase a posi from Bobhebert that I am going to install after I get everything finished up with it now. I read an article that was fairly interesting that I am going to try to follow. I like the upgrades ans the results they received. I am still a new b to the turbo world but I love it! Not sure if the order im doing things is the right order lol but I'm learning as I go, and this site has been a tremendous help. here is the link to that article, anyone else ever read it?

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/090...l/viewall.html

Last edited by Rob86; 07-08-2014 at 12:19 PM. Reason: added link
Old 07-10-2014, 10:30 AM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Question Re: almost done

Had you looked at the "recipe" pages on this site yet?
Old 07-10-2014, 10:33 PM

Yes, I think I have most of this site printed out already in my GN binder lol. Before I tackle one of those recipes, I still want to get some basics, scan master & gauges and learn some mite of the electronics and "lingo" so I know where I'm at. I also want to stiffen things up with some extra bracing. Long term goal will be the 11's club.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:26 PM

Finally got the vacuum brake swap done and double checked my connections for everything on the spring clean and went for the first drive this year, wow! What a difference everything has made. Feel's much faster, stops much better, and I feel more secure having the power plate.... But then... I get back and pop the hood with the car running and revv it just a little from the throttle and I get a sound if rocks rattling around by the water pump... Fantastic.. Just when I think I'll be able to enjoy it for a little bit, the water pump might be going, oh well.