GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Turbo TRader > Whatzit Worth?

Old 01-24-2007, 12:29 AM

HeidiR is on a distinguished road
Question Difference Turbo T and T type

I own a 1987 Buick Regal Limited T since 1996. We took it to Michigan back in 2003 to celebrate Buick's 100th anniversary. We were told by Buick engineering team that there is a difference between the T and the T Type and car needed to be lighter for performance reasons using alum bumper brackets, etc... Is this considered a WE4? My car does not have the "black out", rather all chrome. Interior is the limited option with pillow type 60/40 seats. No console. No rear spoiler. The car is Cream Beige with Beige (sadle)interior. I was also told this color was discontinued early in production year. I welcome any information I can get as I would like to know if the car is worth keeping.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:03 PM

dwall is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Difference Turbo T and T type

Definitely not a WE4. WE4 was available only at the end of the 1987 run. It was black (gray interior) and had blackout trim not chrome. Check your RPO/option sticker on underside of the trunk lid. Then look up the codes right on this site in the reference area.

Your car sounds unique and very much a sleeper. The sleeper sounds good from a couple different angles. Less obvious and maybe less likely to be stolen or noticed until you choose to make it whine a little. IMHO - a good time keeper. More often they will wonder what it was that went by!

Last edited by dwall; 01-28-2007 at 07:06 PM. Reason: spellink?
Old 01-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Tech Support

PaCemkr86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PaCemkr86
Default Re: Difference Turbo T and T type

http://www.gnttype.org/general/product.html

My Turbo Buick