GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Add-on Electronics and Electrical > Audio

Old 03-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Senior Contributor

JAMIEPACURN is on a distinguished road
Default Audio Selection and placement

Hello Buick enthusiests, just wondered what kind of stereo systems people are using and where are people mounting speakers. I'm looking to upgrade an old Pioneer radio and purchase new speakers. However, there is not a lot of choices for speaker mounting unless everything has to go in the trunk such as subs, amplifier, and rear speakers. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

ROCK ON!!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:48 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Audio Selection and placement

I actually prefer to hear the rumble of the car, but...

A car with Concert Sound II will have speakers in the doors.

The rear speakers are 4x10", but that doesn't leave many options. There are adapters for 6x9" speakers.

You could always do something like Richard Clark did.
http://www.usdaudio.com/sw/cars/buick/
http://www.mobilesoundscience.com/f3...1992-ca-e-447/
Old 03-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Shawn N is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Audio Selection and placement

Well on the stock side 3.5 in the upper dash, 5 1/4 doors, 4X10 in the rear deck. On the extreme side check out Richard Clark's USD Speakerworks 86 GN. He used to compete in IASCA and USAC events in the 90's and won several hundred thousand bucks in that car. It's how I got hooked on the GN/TR and 87 Lesabre T-Types. That car had the most amazing sound and the install was mind blowing. I don't know if he stills owns it now or not. I have not seen him since the mid 90's.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Senior Contributor

JAMIEPACURN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Audio Selection and placement

Holy cow, I can't believe he had 5 amplifiers in that Buick but sure looked very impressive! I'm sure that sound was so clear you could hear faint sounds from a guitartist sliding his fingers over the cords that you wouldn't even normally hear on an average radio set up. I can see why he won many awards with that set up and I'm sure the price tag for that set up was probably worth more than my 87 Gold T-Type. Thanks for the links and information!!!!

Jamie