GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Fuel Systems

Old 02-20-2008, 09:27 PM

87boostedbuick is on a distinguished road
Default injectors?

hey i found a set of accel 36 lb injectors i was just wondering if any of you guys have used them or what you think about running then in my 87 gn
Old 02-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Support

PaCemkr86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PaCemkr86
Default Re: injectors?

what all is done to your Buick?? what mods do you have??

My Turbo Buick
Old 02-20-2008, 11:17 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: injectors?

Doubt anyone has. They aren't the same as the Bosch ones, and therefore a chip for the Bosch ones will not necessarily work correctly.

Don't just assume 36=36. Bosch 42.5 from a Ford Lightning truck don't have the same curve as the Lucas 009 42.5 injectors. Using one's chip with the other will cause fueling problems.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:31 PM

hey sorry for the long replay my comp was down for a bit i havent rilly tutched the injectors yet the old owner tells me they came out of a ford thunderbird super coupe as far as mods i have a walbro fuel pump hot wire kit adjustible fuel press reg cold air intake full exhaust and i am running 17 lbs of boost more less im looking for somthing that i wont have to have a new chip done oh and the accel injectors are a stock replacement for the ford thunder bird super coupe so im told

Last edited by 87boostedbuick; 02-26-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:37 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: injectors?

The only injectors that you can use with a stock chip are:
- Stock Bosch injectors
- Lucas "green stripe" 30 Lb/hr injectors (D1720xx (Lucas old 5207009, Delphi / Lucas new number 621020))

If what you have really are Super Coupe injectors, they are red on the top and NOT Accel. While they may flow 32 Lb/hr, they are not matched to the stock chip. See http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/fuelsystem/injflow.html

If you are dialing 17 PSI already, you should be using a different chip than stock. The stock chips have timing set for the gas of a different era.

You've told us little about the combination in your car. I would recommend against using these injectors. Its well worth getting pieces that really suit the combination and work with available calibrations.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:24 PM

ok what would you recomend for my car? i also spoke with the old owner and there is a aftermarket chip in it for this injectors but i am not seeing any red at the top i would also like to keep the same chip in the car...