GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Cooling Systems

Old 07-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Senior Contributor

ed39 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ed39
Bang Head Hvac fan!!??!!

So as we all know the hvac systems aren't the best in the world. I wanna know of anyone has made any upgrades to it. More importantly the hvac fan that makes lots of noise and no air comes out! I'm about to get my a.c working and I'd like to actually stay cool during the summer months!
blue top injectors, lt1 maf, translator, ATR single shot exhaust, 3inch dp, gnx wheels, turbo tweak chip , atr rear sway bar, super servo, shift kit, stock converter, 210/205 cam at .50 100lb springs, pt 51 turbo street tune for now
Old 07-06-2012, 12:06 AM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Hvac fan!!??!!

If your fan makes noise, replace it. The unit is the same as any other G-body, and they are pretty cheap.

If you are getting no air output, your blend door is probably stuck closed. Check the lever on the ductwork under the dash and see if it moves when it should. See if air is coming out the floor vents instead of the dash vents.

If your A/C is not performing well, it could be a few things: Are your running R12 or R134a? If you are running the latter, are you running a variable orifice tube? Are your compressor-to-condensor hoses the new "barrier" type?
Old 07-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Senior Contributor

Default Re: Hvac fan!!??!!

I recently did a heater core and found the blend door out of place. Put it all back together made work as it should. But the air out put is minimal. The blower motor isn't making noise as if it's bad just makes more noise than air. My 87 442 wasn't that great either. Just wanted to see if people made upgrades for better air flow. As far as the ac goes its been retrofitted that's all I know I'm replacing the compressor since the front seal leaks oil. Once that's charged I'll figure out what I need from there.
blue top injectors, lt1 maf, translator, ATR single shot exhaust, 3inch dp, gnx wheels, turbo tweak chip , atr rear sway bar, super servo, shift kit, stock converter, 210/205 cam at .50 100lb springs, pt 51 turbo street tune for now
Old 07-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Senior Contributor

Default Re: Hvac fan!!??!!

my fault for posting in the wrong section... figured this was engine cooling, ill look at the previous "sticky" thread above me as well