GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Turbo TRader > Parts FOR SALE

Old 01-06-2013, 07:01 AM

MC87SS is on a distinguished road
Default New Item! GM Steering Shaft Upgrade

I have a new product for you die-hard GM fans that refuse to put a Chrysler part on your car. I have done some research and testing and now have available a GM steering shaft upgrade. In addition to coming off a GM they also have a set screw you tighten after installation to eliminate all shaft movement, they have a metal bushing instead of the worn out mostly broken plastic bushing on the inner shaft and for those of you with large tube headers the shaft is the opposite of the Jeep shaft so the small end attaches to the steering column allowing the most available clearance.

This is the end that attaches to the steering column:

This is the steering box end, note how nice the u-joint is:

Set screw in the center:

Metal bushing in lieu of plastic:

These GM units will be $70 shipped to the lower 48.
Plenty in stock ready to ship.

PM me if your interested, please title it GM Shaft.

With the GM Shaft I clean them up, remove the column end, re-clock it 90 degrees, press it back on and tack weld it just to make sure its not going anywhere. Then i clean the bolt threads, spread the ends & test fit on a steering column, sand & paint them gloss black. Before shipping i grease the inside of the shaft, wrap both pieces in foam and stretch wrap for shipping. These are 100% ready to install when you receive it.

I also have Jeep Shafts $60 Shipped
With the Jeep Shaft I clean them up, compress & separate the 2 parts, remove & save at least one of the plastic bushings for use to eliminate play when installing, tack weld the upper part to eliminate slippage. Then i clean the bolt threads, spread the ends & test fit on a steering column, sand & paint them gloss black. Before shipping i grease the inside of the shaft, wrap both pieces in foam and stretch wrap for shipping. These are 100% ready to install when you receive it.

Last edited by MC87SS; 01-06-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 PM

MC87SS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Item! GM Steering Shaft Upgrade

Sold out of this batch.
PM me to get on the waiting list for the next batch.