GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Suspension/Rear Ends

Old 12-10-2015, 05:30 AM

jons86gn is on a distinguished road
Default Belltech Rear Sway Bar

Just bought new Belltech sway bars (PN 9984) for my 87 WE4 because the ones that were on it were junk (after market with hard links and mounts that were completely worn). The new rear sway bar is making solid contact with the right side of the diff before I'm able to bolt it into place. Contacted Belltech, gave them the measurements of the sway bar, and they say it meets their specs. I included pics of where it is making contact with the diff and one of each side. Right side is bolted in place. On the left side, you can see how far I would have to continue jacking to get the bolt holes to line up (if you compare it to the right side pic). Made the bolt holes a little larger to see if I could gain some clearance, but no dice. I was able to bolt it into place by putting my jack under it and giving it a few pumps. Is the contact with the diff going to cause big issues? Any advice would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has a stock sway bar or has any advice on a different type of sway bar, please advise. Thank you for the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151209_053146_resized_2.jpg (141.6 KB, 814 views)
File Type: jpg 20151209_053200_resized_2.jpg (132.5 KB, 895 views)
File Type: jpg 20151209_053107_resized_2.jpg (146.1 KB, 771 views)
Old 12-10-2015, 09:19 AM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Belltech Rear Sway Bar

Perhaps it was designed with the 7.5" or 7.625" (Monte SS) in mind?

I would check out http://www.hrpartsandstuff.com/produ...nd/swaybar.htm or http://umiperformance.com/catalog/in...roducts_id=734

Paul at HRPartsNStuff is a GN owner and supports the Buick community. Many Buick racers and owners use his stuff.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Senior Contributor

larrym is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Belltech Rear Sway Bar

The Helwig Bar is a good deal too, end links are a little hokey, I had problems with one and called they had me a new one in 3 days no questions no charge.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Hellwig/207/55...44#moreDetails
Turbonetics BB CPT 61
CAS V4 Stretch Intercooler
Alcohol Injection
4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall
lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.43