GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Suspension/Rear Ends

Old 10-27-2014, 03:15 PM
Senior Contributor

JAMIEPACURN is on a distinguished road
Default Rough Ride.......Try this

Ever dreamed of your Buick riding like a cadillac or even better then what the car drove off the show room floor? Well I thought I would share with all the Buick lovers out there that I just replaced my 27 year old body mounts and even replaced two of them above the rear wheels that never got installed from the factory. I have attached pictures to show you what your body mounts probably look like that is in your car right now. I replaced all 14 of them with OEM rubber bushings and highly recommend these for your Buick. Furthermore, after these were installed it raised the body of the car about 2-3 inches back to the original height. In addition, the windows had to be realigned and are now in correct position all from the car being out of alignment. As a daily driver, not only do I want a quick responsive car but also a smooth ride. They say pictures speak a 1,000 words..............You be the judge!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1027141325a.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	3288  Click image for larger version

Name:	1027141329.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	3289  Click image for larger version

Name:	1027141359.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	3290  Click image for larger version

Name:	1027141400.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	3291  
Old 11-01-2014, 07:50 PM

Frederickdav is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rough Ride.......Try this

How hard of a job was it?
Old 11-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Any body shop should be able to handle this unless you want to do it yourself. The biggest thing is safety since you have to raise the body up about 4-6 inches. You just have to make sure the body is well supported with a jack because you have to be careful where you put your hands just in case the body fell off the jack which would crush your hands. Probably the two hardest ones to install was the ones in front next to the radiator since they were larger then the other body mounts. New rubber required some lubrication and some pounding to get them seated in. Basically, my old ones were there for decoration and the functionality of the bushings were completely gone causing the front and rear of my car to twist under full power. Now that the new body mount bushings installed this will help MAXIMIZE total power to the rear wheels and ride like a cadillac. I purchased this installation kit from Kirban Performance. Well worth the money spent!

Since this car didn't have two bushings installed from the factory this car will ride better then when the car came off the assembly line. I guarantee anyone with a Grand National and T-Type car's will have old rotted, rusty bushings just like mine. That was my purpose to show these Bushings in the photos to help out other Buick enthusiasts.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Whoosh

kenmosher is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the pics ... wow ...

Also, there's is an article in the tech section that shows the location of the missing mounts and describes how to replace them.

Bushings Article 1

Bushings Article 2
2012 Volkswagen Tiguan (the Tig!) Night Blue Met (sold)
2006 Trailblazer SS Red Jewel Tint 395 HP AWD (sold)
2014 Silverado LTZ Crew 4WD
2012 Honda VFR 1200F Tahitian Blue (sold)
2015 BMW S1000R Racing Red
2013 Honda CBR500R Red (wife's bike)
2014 Triumph Bonneville T100
2003 Harley Davidson V Rod Anniversary Edition
Old 11-05-2014, 02:34 AM
Senior Contributor

Your welcome Ken. Amazing to see what 27 years of abuse looks like to these bushings. It was well worth the money spent. I have brand new Bilstein shocks, new lower and upper control arms, air bags, and now new body mounts including the ones that never got installed from the factory.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:27 PM

Theman85GN is on a distinguished road

I'M going to be doing mine soon.
What exact kit did you order from Kirbans ?
the part number or quantity of bushings in the kit would be helpful.

Thanks,
Also are the Billistiens worth the price over the KYB's ?
Old 01-08-2015, 05:50 AM
Senior Contributor

I tried to research the part number for you, but the web is unable to open their web site. I'm not sure if they are having technical difficulties or perhaps they went out of business. I will check back in a few days to see if their web site is back up. In answering your question, I believe the kit came with all 14 bushings as well as all the hardware for the installation.

As far as the shocks go I'm not sure about the differences in shocks goes. its a lot like comparing Air Jordan shoes verses Nike shoes. Perhaps more experienced people from this site can better answer your question. I know a lot of Nascar drivers use Bilstein shocks but really boils down to personal preference I think.

Jamie C.

Last edited by JAMIEPACURN; 01-08-2015 at 05:57 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 01-10-2015, 12:24 AM
Senior Contributor

Kirban Performance back on line now. Part # is 7305 and the price is $249.95 for all the bushings and hardware.

http://www.kirbanperformance.com/pro...T+%237305.html

Hope this helps you.

Jamie C.