GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Brakes

Old 06-03-2011, 10:24 PM

shark is on a distinguished road
Default steel braided brake hoses

hi guys,
im thinking of installing steel braided brake hoses on my 87 tr, but im having a problem getting the correct hose fitting for the front hoses where it connects to the brake line. the bracket where the line/hose meet on my car has two offset notches, one bigger than the other. most mgfers offer braided hoses with hex type ends that dont fit flush in the bracket. some mfgers offer a bracket for their braided hose. i dont really want to change brackets. does anybody make the correct hose end for this type of bracket?. i called kirban, thinking they ran across this and to my surprise they informed me they sold many braided hose sets without any problems (their braided hoses have the hex type fitting). the funny thing is, i can get after market oe brake hoses and they have the correct end! tried local hydraulic hose fabricator-cant make them! anybody else have this problem?? thanks
regards,
mike p.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:18 AM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: steel braided brake hoses

I've bought braided Russell hoses and had issues. The banjo end that goes on the caliper never seemed to fit right, and never sealed completely. Plus the hose would not flex correctly. Perhaps it was too short. They were on the car about an hour.

ElectraJim gave me a pair that were in a set he bought. Both ends are threaded on, removable, and seem like they might work. But because of the way they are built...not sure I want to use them.

I have a NOS GM (Chinese :-( ) pair from NOS4GN.com I may install when I rebuild my front end soon.