GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Engine Mechanical

Old 11-26-2005, 01:28 AM

Ruinnations is on a distinguished road
Default engine rebult by GN/T Performance in 99

Hello I had my engine rebuit by GN/T in FL in 99. I then got sidetracked for several years. They went out of business soon after the rebuild. The engine has less than 30,000 miles on it since the rebuild. My questions are 1. did they have a good reputation with rebuilds, 2. the cam is a GN116T does that mean anything other than the noticable lobe at idle, 3. with the speed pro pistions and rings ARP bolts, 30 over and balance, 30# inj, port matching and a TE 62 am I at a good start for mid to low 11sec or is it a mismatch that will never work? I need the trans rebuilt again and am still using the RED 93 for stock inj and stock turbo that I bought in 95. I want to know if the car is worth putting more money into? Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:08 AM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: engine rebult by GN/T Performance in 99

1. GN/T seemed to be doing some pretty good work. Of course, Dave Schmucker is a little out of touch right now...

2. You would really need some hard specs from a cam card to tell anything. But if it lopes, it may be pretty large.

3. The 30# injectors are really not large enough to supply a TE62 turbo or low 11s. No turbo upgrade at all, really. And barely 12.0s. I would recommend at least 50# injectors, and a better bet would be the new Mototron/Edge 60# injectors, as they are high impedence and would not require ECM modifications. (This is really a question for another area of this board.)

Its only worth putting more money into if you want to keep it and not ruin it.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:20 AM

Ruinnations is on a distinguished road
Default Re: engine rebult by GN/T Performance in 99

Thanks for the quick response. I feel better about my starting point knowing that they did some good work.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:12 AM

Phatman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: engine rebult by GN/T Performance in 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller
1. GN/T seemed to be doing some pretty good work. Of course, Dave Schmucker is a little out of touch right now...

3. The 30# injectors are really not large enough to supply a TE62 turbo or low 11s. No turbo upgrade at all, really. And barely 12.0s. I would recommend at least 50# injectors, and a better bet would be the new Mototron/Edge 60# injectors, as they are high impedence and would not require ECM modifications.
I would also make sure your fuel system is up to the task. Just because Dave did the motor, don't take it for granted that he upgraded the system at the same time....

Mike Gallagher

"Master of Indecision"