GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Alternate Fuels

Old 08-17-2006, 12:47 PM

86GNGUY is on a distinguished road
Default best blend for alky?

Reg: which fuel is best for performance in the alky reservoir. I've heard various theme's on the right way to run alky, 99.9% isopropyl/ 50/50 alcohol--water/ denatured alchohol/ methanol etc.----all with a little marvels oil. Any tips would be apreciated. Is water blended with 99.9% isop. , i was told with a little water, since steam expands faster than gas it will produce more power.----------Thanks --86GNGUY.----- 86GN/Reds 93 street chip/ RJC powerplate/walbro340-hotwired/Adj. FPR 43LBS./coolant lines blocked/160therm/shift kit/2.5" duals/cat gutted/K@N/Scanmaster/SMC alky--with 99.9% isopropyl triggered @14# boost/ Max Boost20#/procomp gauges/ stock injectors/intercooler/ --Scanmaster readings--O2-840 with 1.2Deg retard @ shift point2nd to 3rd wot./-----O2 839 with 1.6 deg. retard @wot in 3rd. This is with 92pump gas/ blended with some toluene/ with the alky( stock turbo as well). Never been raced so no #s. Does anyone guesstimate what this combo could run with sticky dot tires. I am running 235-60-15 front/ 255-60-15 rear and it likes to bark the rears even with modest throttle. Thanks again.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Support

PaCemkr86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PaCemkr86
Default Re: best blend for alky?

i run straight meth

My Turbo Buick
Old 08-25-2006, 03:53 AM

86GNGUY is on a distinguished road

Thanks PaCemkr Reg; your running straight meth. Does any one else out there have an opinion about what there running in the alky reservoir,and there results , come-on there's got to be more than one person who has a reply. Mr. Keller or Mr. Mosher you guy,s are the Buick wizards, what really gives the best bang for the buck? Thanks 86GNGUY.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:23 AM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: best blend for alky?

I haven't delved into this part of the game, so I don't have anything to contribute.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Transplant!

socalgn is on a distinguished road

Go wiht what the vendor of your kit recommends- SMC is denatured and Klotz/WD-4/MMO, while Razor's kit is all about te meth. Meth will eat the SMC pump, unless the seals have been upgraded.

I've run both, and I like running the straight juice without dilution. Doesn't make sense to put water into a fuel source.....
Old 08-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Tech Support

ive also found even if you tune your car on race gas, you can make more power with race gas and alky.

Scott when your ready, to step up into the alky game im ready help ya anyway i can.
I have yet to set my cars up on a race gas only tune, im very happy with the power on pump gas and alky, on the GN and Ttype

My Turbo Buick
Old 08-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Tech Support

the gn runs SMC kit
the ttype runs alky control
the limited T is running Devilsown system, all of them work excellent

My Turbo Buick
Old 08-30-2006, 08:04 PM

turboadict is on a distinguished road

socalgn,

I run a 50/50 mix of isopropynol and water with good results. Doesn't seem to change the O2 readings, just kills knock. I have run 24# boost with this mixture, pump gas and a 108 thrasher chip (not sure what the timing is) with no knock.

I run a TA49, stretch intercooler and shoot it straight into the up pipe in front of the throttle body - same as most systems I should think.

Any way, the Iso works for me. I used to use rubbing alcohol before I found a source of Iso, which also worked excellently with the same mix.