GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > FAQ and General > Turbo Regal FAQs

Old 12-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Whoosh

kenmosher is on a distinguished road
Default I want to stick a Chevy in my Regal ...

Q: I want to stick a SBC/BBC in my Regal, what do I need?

A: This is a fairly common swap and there are several Chevy oriented forums out there (including GBody.org) that have a lot of info on the swap. We highly recommend carrying the discussion to those forums.

Since the focus of this forum is Buicks and Buick Power, we don't really discuss this type of stuff, just to keep the clutter down a bit. An appropriate topic would be the swap of a Big Block Buick into a Regal ... there are several folks who have done that with great results.

A short answer to the question would be that the SBC will need bracketry, accessories, Chevy transmission with corporate or Chevy bellhousing pattern, motor mounts, fuel system, etc. A THM350 is common to the platform, so depending on the donor car, it could be a very easy swap as far as crossmembers and linkages are concerned. For some visuals on the THM350 vs. the 200-4R, look here:

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/pict...m200vs350.html

It appears that a THM200C and a THM350 are very similar, but the 4R is longer.
2012 Volkswagen Tiguan (the Tig!) Night Blue Met (sold)
2006 Trailblazer SS Red Jewel Tint 395 HP AWD (sold)
2014 Silverado LTZ Crew 4WD
2012 Honda VFR 1200F Tahitian Blue (sold)
2015 BMW S1000R Racing Red
2013 Honda CBR500R Red (wife's bike)
2014 Triumph Bonneville T100
2003 Harley Davidson V Rod Anniversary Edition
Old 09-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Mr. Whittaker

Whittaker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I want to stick a Chevy in my Regal ...

I did this on an plain 85 Regal. I used Monte Carlo mounts and exhaust as well as accessories.

Do it right and at least drop a 350 Buick in it. Better yet the 455 is not much bigger and even the smog versions have loads or torque.

If it is a Chevy stay with Chevy. Buick to Buick. Sure I know Buick, Olds, Pontiac, Cadillac and Chevy all shared engines at on time and may still do so. But you should do the right thing. Old Buick 350s from like 68-69, 70 are not to hard to find.