GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Add-on Electronics and Electrical > Scan Tools

Old 05-31-2012, 11:03 PM

ccfr854 is on a distinguished road
Default Choosing a scan tool (Was: Will you guys help me?)

I am thinking about getting a power logger for my 87 G-nat but I'm not completely sure what I need to focus on to tune it correctly. Or should I just get a scanmaster? If I get a power logger, is there anyone out there that would help me tune it if I posted the results on here? I would appreciate it greatly. Would anyone like to educate me on how to tune and what to look for?
Old 06-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Whoosh

kenmosher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Will you guys help me?

If you are looking for a good running street car, then scan master is fine (it's actually even fine if you want to race it, but you need experience to use it to it's full advantage). A power logger is great for good info and can really help dial things in, especially for the track, but is good for street tuning too.

You need to learn the basics, get a good chip (Turbo Tweak or Commander), read all you can from their docs and here on the site.

We're here to help, but do a bunch of homework so you know the basics and we'll go from there?
2012 Volkswagen Tiguan (the Tig!) Night Blue Met (sold)
2006 Trailblazer SS Red Jewel Tint 395 HP AWD (sold)
2014 Silverado LTZ Crew 4WD
2012 Honda VFR 1200F Tahitian Blue (sold)
2015 BMW S1000R Racing Red
2013 Honda CBR500R Red (wife's bike)
2014 Triumph Bonneville T100
2003 Harley Davidson V Rod Anniversary Edition
Old 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Support

PaCemkr86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PaCemkr86
Thumbs up Re: Will you guys help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmosher View Post
If you are looking for a good running street car, then scan master is fine (it's actually even fine if you want to race it, but you need experience to use it to it's full advantage). A power logger is great for good info and can really help dial things in, especially for the track, but is good for street tuning too.

You need to learn the basics, get a good chip (Turbo Tweak or Commander), read all you can from their docs and here on the site.

We're here to help, but do a bunch of homework so you know the basics and we'll go from there?
x2
The poerlogger is the best scantool on the market, you can also wire it to your powerlogger so you get real time streaming data.

My Turbo Buick