GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Engine Mechanical

Old 06-15-2005, 07:23 PM

mustanghunter7 is on a distinguished road
Default a/c removel

I have all ready removed the compressor and put in a a/c delete pully also removed the condensor and canastor but now want to get read of the rest of the a/c system "meaning the big plastic pice thats attached to the fire wall and noticed that there is two coolent lines for the heat and was wandering what would be invoed in romoving it so i can just put one of those plates from buickgn.com or mabey make one my self.

thanks, jay

also is anybody using the Champion full race ported intake.
from cottons performance cause i was thinking about getting it but would like to know how hard it is to put on and what if any performance gains there are with it

thanks again, jay
Old 06-18-2005, 02:55 PM

ajt86 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: a/c removel

look in the tech section, youll see an artical about replaceing your heater core- do that- just dont put it back in
Old 06-25-2005, 01:22 PM

Turbo231inaboat is on a distinguished road

Make a template using the old heater box. Go find some 1/8" aluminum at a scrap yard, or look for an old street sign. Put the heater box on the aluminum and trace it out. Cut, sandblast, clean with alcohol and paint. Cost me about $2.50.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:20 PM
Senior Contributor

buddiiee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: a/c removal

hey mustang hunter, can you tell me, how much the ENTIRE air conditioning unit weighs? how much did ya save. im considering the same thing.
KB chip,2400 TC,K&N cai,stage3 shiftkit,bilstein shocks,engine strap,1.375 rear bar,all 4 brace kits,2.5"catless dual exhaust,bosch afpr,airbag,160 t-stat,power plate,ported inlet bell,alum drums,S-10 cylinders.On deck:LT1 springs,hotwired walbro.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:09 AM

x1349x is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to x1349x
Thumbs up Re: a/c removel

Hello Buddiiee,
This is x1349x, my son an myself just completed the entire
ac/heat delete system. I'm only guessing but the entire package, that's right
down to wiring, hoses, a/c radiator, etc. i would say cut down the weight by
appx. 50 lbs., that also includes the outer casing attached to the firewall an
all duct work. We did away with the heat also because he doesn't run the car in the winter. We just have a small cigarette plug in heater for defoging
the windshield. I'll tell you this much, it sure makes working on the car on the
passenger side very easy, plus the 3" down pipe has plenty of clearance now.
Hope info. has helped somewhat.....................x1349x Jim/Tony
Old 07-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Senior Contributor

buddiiee is on a distinguished road

fifty lbs eh? thats cool it would be worth it to scrap that stuff for a race car then. good deal, thanx for the info
KB chip,2400 TC,K&N cai,stage3 shiftkit,bilstein shocks,engine strap,1.375 rear bar,all 4 brace kits,2.5"catless dual exhaust,bosch afpr,airbag,160 t-stat,power plate,ported inlet bell,alum drums,S-10 cylinders.On deck:LT1 springs,hotwired walbro.