GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Engine Mechanical

Old 03-31-2017, 04:52 PM
Senior Contributor

JAMIEPACURN is on a distinguished road
Default Positive ventilation crankcase issue

Hey guys, after I got my motor rebuilt I got a question about the PVC valve that I got from RJC racing. Before going into the question here is what is in my motor:

Stock 109 block bored 0.30
GN1 stroker 4340 steel crank, 6350 rods
FTS RACE PISTONS
REVOLUTION X ROLLER CAM 210/214
DOUBLE ROLLER TIMING CHAIN
CHAMPION INTAKE MANIFOLD WITH STREET PORT
CHAMPION GN1 ALUMINUM HEADS
70 MM THROTTLE BODY
TA PERFORMANCE HEADERS
TURBO PT 6466 GENERATION 2 BILLET
Chip- TurboTWeek street chip 93-94 octane

I was told by the engine builder to leave the PVC valve uncapped, but when I did this oil leaked all over the place as it was coming out of the push in style type of breathers. I then replaced the push style breathers with Metco's angled style breathers hoping this will alleviate the issue. I haven't gotten my Buick out for Spring yet. Has anyone else left their PVC valve just uncapped and open to air????? Will this still cause "blow by" oil issues by doing this????

Local mechanics at a local shop said I should connect the PVC back up with silicone hose to the vacuum block. So when I did this, the turbo generated so much boost that it literally exploded the silicone hose off the PVC valve. I currently still have the vacuum line still attached to the PVC valve but not sure if this is correct or not. I'm thinking about plugging the line with a cap at the vacuum block and leave the PVC uncapped again but wanted feedback before doing so.

Jamie C.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:48 PM
Tech Support

Ts86ttype is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Positive ventilation crankcase issue

First, NICE build on your motor... Second, Have you contacted RJC about your issues??? They are really up on the racing aspects... I'm more of a stock plus some extras to make the horse power... I would really talk to them about your PCV issue... Tom G.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:52 PM

cruzn57 is on a distinguished road

all engines are an "air pump" meaning the push air up and down the cyl.
plus if your engine is still new, the rings have not seated, and you will have more blow by, than when they are seated.
no rings available to the common guy seal 100%,
so you will have blow by, and with out the PCV hooked up, it will go everywhere,

you DO want the PCV connected , and functioning. it relieves pressure inside the crankcase, when there is pressure,inside the crankcase, it has to go somewhere, (oil leaks)

besides the PCV only works at high vacuum ( light throttle).
soo when you mash the pedal, the PCV closes, and does nothing.
and when you let off, HIGH vacuum, and crankcase pressure relieved!
Old 04-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Senior Contributor

JAMIEPACURN is on a distinguished road

Thank you guys for your help! I will call RJC racing to make sure his product is working properly. Also, thanks for the explanation as to how that PCV works.

Be safe out there!

Jamie C.