GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Events > Buick Scene

Old 10-29-2007, 06:44 PM

LBNJWE4 is on a distinguished road
Default Sam Kinison's T/A

Does anyone know if the T/A Sam Kinison was killed in a turbo buick powered car? If so, does it still exist or was it crushed?

Also, David Spade drives a Grand National in the opening to his talk show. I saw it awhile ago, don't know if the show is still airing.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:19 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Sam Kinison's T/A

Use our archives search at http://www.gnttype.org/archives/search.html and type in "Kinison".

He was allegedly killed in a head-on with a drunk driver, and his family had what was left of the TTA destroyed.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Senior Contributor

T-TopFlyer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sam Kinison's T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBNJWE4
Does anyone know if the T/A Sam Kinison was killed in a turbo buick powered car? If so, does it still exist or was it crushed?

Also, David Spade drives a Grand National in the opening to his talk show. I saw it awhile ago, don't know if the show is still airing.
Along the same lines there's a tv show on nbc on wed at 10pm et called life where the cop drives a grand national. I've only been lucky enough to catch an occasional glimpse of the GN though.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:33 PM
cRaCk wHoRe

PhillyTurboSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PhillyTurboSix
Default Re: Sam Kinison's T/A

The Sam Kinison story as I have it...

On April 10, 1992, Sam was on his way to Laughlin, Nevada, to perform at a sold out concert. He had been married just the week before to a 20 year old woman called Malika. They honeymooned in Hawaii. It was a Friday night when Sam was to perform in Laughlin, and they drove there from Los Angeles. They traveled East on the 40 until they got to the 95, when the route went North. There are conflicting reports as to where exactly the accident happened. One report says 3 miles north of the interchange, another says 4.

Sam was sober. He hadn't had a drink or done drugs in months, and it was a big issue for him. It was about 8:30pm when they were on their way to the show, and apparently Sam saw the pickup truck from the other direction. Sam had slowed his car to 15mph, at the time it hit his 1989 Turbo Trans Am head on. Two kids were in the pickup, which was littered with beer cans,
and apparently after hitting Sam, the driver remarked, "God! Look at
my truck!"

Sam wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and he hit the windshield with his head. A
passerby called for emergency services, and tried giving Sam CPR, with no
success. Immediately after the crash, witnesses say that Sam looked normal enough and he would pull through. He said, I don't want to die. I don't want to die. Then Sam was heard having some sort of conversation... But why? 'Okay, okay, okay. The last okay was apparently said very softly and comfortably, like he was talking to someone he loved. He was taken to the Needles Desert Community Hospital to the emergency room, and received dead on arrival. Cause of death - Multiple traumatic injuries. He was 38 years old.

Here is the truck that hit him..

And here is what his TTA looked like...

Word was the car was sold at auction and rebuilt back to new by the new owner and lives somewhere on the Cali coast. I'm sure one day you'll see an ebay auction for a TTA that says "The TTA Sam Kinison died in!"

The David Spade GN is his daily driver.

89 Turbo Trans AM #396

Pennsylvania State Representative for MAGNA
Join Today!
http://www.magnabuick.com/