GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Gauges

Old 09-14-2015, 06:40 PM

GMsbestgofast is on a distinguished road
Bang Head KB GNX dashes

Does anybody know if there any of those dashes available?? I know I should have bought one when they were available from KB but wasn't able to at the time.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:43 PM

Default Re: KB GNX dashes

Does anybody know if there are any of these billet dashes available. At the time I wasn't able to buy from KB but one would look real good in our 86.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:51 AM

New to this site sorry my mistake...........
Old 12-02-2015, 04:45 PM

mikeelia is on a distinguished road

Tough one. Most of the guys who used to put the gauge package together as a kit have stopped due to little demand. I just saw a youtube video recently where a guy installed a nicely gauged dash from another g-body in a Buick. It looked like a lot of work, but he showed it in great detail.

I just searched with google and found this:
http://worldofmotorworks.com/store/index.php?cPath=26

and this
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/040...-dash-install/

I don't know anything about them, just the first things that came up when I searched. I bought my AVC kit from Dennis Kirban for around $600 when I bought my 87 from him in the early 90s. AVC is long gone, but I wouldn't recommend them anyway [mismatched gauge series cause uneven illumination on mine]. I remember here on the digest that guys did a LOT of work to make the AVC kit perfect, including sending the individual gauges back to the manufacturer to have the glasses removed, etc..

There have been great kits over the years, but nothing cheap, that's for sure...
Good luck.
Mike
Old 12-22-2015, 06:28 PM

danbiz is on a distinguished road

Don't know about the KB part but Dennis Kirban has a fully assembled gnx dash for sale.