GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Transmission / Torque Converter Tech

Old 09-23-2015, 07:15 PM

needforspeed150 is on a distinguished road
Default Transmission shift? lockup ? problem.

My 200-r4 acts normal when cold but after it heats up it act like it is not shifting down when slowing down and then, when moderate acceleration it wont shift up, or the converter is staying locked ? If you keep pushing the throttle it will finally shift down but until then is very sluggish, then jerks into a downshift. I thought it might be the TCC solenoid. Purchased one and installed it. Figured I couldn't hurt anything. This problem had been addressed with a transmission shop in my area. When I got it back it still did the same thing.
When I removed the pan and started to replace the solenoid I see a single pole pressure switch that faces the rear of the car at the very back of the valve body that has nothing connected to it.
I then notice of the 4 wires that come from the plug in the side of the transmission
white---- has been shrink tubing sealed at the end and is not attached
green-- same as white, not attached
red--- goes to a double pole pressure switch on the passenger side
black--- goes to the TCC solenoid

The red TCC solenoid wire goes to the other side of the 2 terminal pressure switch.
I say these are pressure switches because that is what they look like.

Anyway. I am guessing the trans guy has played around and I am not sure what is right and what is not. Any help as to where things should be would be a great help. Don't want to crack it open again if I can help it.
Thanks
Ben
Old 09-24-2015, 05:35 PM
Whoosh

kenmosher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Transmission shift? lockup ? problem.

That'd piss me off ... why the heck would he mess with the pressure switch (they are gear position switches)

It sounds like he mucked it up...

See attached wiring diagrams ...

There should be a GREEN/WHITE wire on the 3rd gear switch, a LIGHT BLUE on the 4th gear switch, a tan/black and purple to the TCC solenoid.

The tan/black gets switched to ground when the converter locks (and it also goes to the ALDL port, which is why you can put a switch in there to manually lock it)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiring.jpg (323.6 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg connector.jpg (65.5 KB, 206 views)
2012 Volkswagen Tiguan (the Tig!) Night Blue Met (sold)
2006 Trailblazer SS Red Jewel Tint 395 HP AWD (sold)
2014 Silverado LTZ Crew 4WD
2012 Honda VFR 1200F Tahitian Blue (sold)
2015 BMW S1000R Racing Red
2013 Honda CBR500R Red (wife's bike)
2014 Triumph Bonneville T100
2003 Harley Davidson V Rod Anniversary Edition