GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Site Rules, News and Guidelines > Site NEWS!

Old 01-28-2013, 12:06 AM

MrMarty51 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Welcome!

Hello
my name is Martin,I live in Miles City Mt.I do`nt own a Buick but I have owned a 3.8 Turboed long block with all the plumbing and a 3.8 short block with a new turbo that came with it for about twelve years,yes,they are stored in My heated garage and on engine stands so the invironment is somewhat controlled.
I have also rounded up a bell housing,clutch,flywheel and a 5 speed manual transmission to go with it.
I know some may think it to be sacriledge but I also have what I believe is a 1962 Mercedes,well,at least I know it is a Mercedes, that I need to get home and I`m thinking that the turboed 3.8 and the five speed might be a good combination for that Mercedes,or,possibly a 67 MG-B that I have had setting around which was going to be My first candidate for that 3.8.
Anyhow,thank You for putting up this forum so people can have a place to pick up on do`s and do`nts about these engines and cars.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:15 PM

Mike G is on a distinguished road
Default Newby here

Hmm...what to say....

Bought my GN brand new/original from the dealer, literally drove it off the showroom floor. Bought the last one I knew of in St. Louis in 87.

Was a daily driver for 5-6 yrs, alternating with my motorcycle.

Well, in recent years she ended up sitting alot, as result of health and family issues she's had about 200 miles in 5 yrs. Currently has about 60K on her. She is bone stock other than several accumulator ball/PM replacements. Only things changed were normal service stuff.

So now I am getting her back to road ready, mainly preparing to switch out the Powermaster to a vacuum system. She has a bit of a miss, but that will wait til the brake system is changed.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:47 AM

MrMarty51 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newby here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Hmm...what to say....

Bought my GN brand new/original from the dealer, literally drove it off the showroom floor. Bought the last one I knew of in St. Louis in 87.

Was a daily driver for 5-6 yrs, alternating with my motorcycle.

Well, in recent years she ended up sitting alot, as result of health and family issues she's had about 200 miles in 5 yrs. Currently has about 60K on her. She is bone stock other than several accumulator ball/PM replacements. Only things changed were normal service stuff.

So now I am getting her back to road ready, mainly preparing to switch out the Powermaster to a vacuum system. She has a bit of a miss, but that will wait til the brake system is changed.
That sounds like a beauty of a car and, worthy of a restoration.
Welcome to the forum.
Nice to see someone new in here.
I looked at about an 87 or so Riviera. I like that body style, turns out they are a front wheel drive and I do`nt think that My turboed 3.8 will fit that, well, not without a LOT of modifications.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:21 PM

carlu is on a distinguished road
Default New, sort of, Carl with an 84 T-Type

Hi,
I'm Carl from NEPA, USA. I have a 1984 T-Type that I bought back in 1992 as my daily driver. I drove it for years and had lots of fun. Black, tan interior, T-tops. Mostly stock except for the turbo.

I started reading the GNTType mailing list in the mid-90s - I'd estimate about 1996. But I never joined for some reason. Thanks for all the informative posts and discussions!

Eventually there were too many repairs and I parked the car intending to get it back on the road. That was in 2001... The car hasn't moved much since then, and hasn't run since the fuel pump went bad a few years ago.

My T-Type is pretty rusty and a hot air car, so I guess it's not worth too much to anyone but me. So I plan to get it back on the road to drive and enjoy.
1986.5 Porsche 928
1988 Buick Reatta
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2004 Pontiac GTO
2012 Buick Regal 2.4L BAS-Hybrid (non-turbo)
Old 10-24-2015, 08:15 PM

corkatoa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Welcome!

Just got an 85 with a hole in the oilpan and a lot of body issues. Have an 87 engine being built right now and getting the body off the frame to go to the body shop!!
Old 10-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Whoosh

kenmosher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newby here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarty51 View Post
I looked at about an 87 or so Riviera. I like that body style, turns out they are a front wheel drive and I do`nt think that My turboed 3.8 will fit that, well, not without a LOT of modifications.
The 84/85 Riviera had a hot air turbo set up available and there have been a couple I've seen converted to intercooled (with a lot of custom piping and mounting). The front drive on that was kind of weird (like a 200-4R split in half and stacked).
2012 Volkswagen Tiguan (the Tig!) Night Blue Met (sold)
2006 Trailblazer SS Red Jewel Tint 395 HP AWD (sold)
2014 Silverado LTZ Crew 4WD
2012 Honda VFR 1200F Tahitian Blue (sold)
2015 BMW S1000R Racing Red
2013 Honda CBR500R Red (wife's bike)
2014 Triumph Bonneville T100
2003 Harley Davidson V Rod Anniversary Edition