GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Add-on Electronics and Electrical > Scan Tools

Old 04-02-2007, 01:14 AM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Question WB O2 bung placement

LC-1 is here. Houston downpipe is off. Going to have the bung welded on. Trying to determine where to get it placed.

The bottom of the pipe doesn't have much length at/after the elbow. So I'm trying to determine where the bung should be placed. Right now, I'm thinking right at the bend of the elbow, before where the test pipe or cat joins the downpipe joins up. Definitely on the left (driver's) side.

Does this sound correct?

Any pics of installations?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Whoosh

kenmosher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WB O2 bung placement

I have mine at the bend of the downpipe (just before the joint at about the 3 o'clock position (towards the center of the car away from the frame rail).
2012 Volkswagen Tiguan (the Tig!) Night Blue Met (sold)
2006 Trailblazer SS Red Jewel Tint 395 HP AWD (sold)
2014 Silverado LTZ Crew 4WD
2012 Honda VFR 1200F Tahitian Blue (sold)
2015 BMW S1000R Racing Red
2013 Honda CBR500R Red (wife's bike)
2014 Triumph Bonneville T100
2003 Harley Davidson V Rod Anniversary Edition
Old 04-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Senior Contributor

IL KIM is on a distinguished road

Mine LC1 is on its way! Thinking I would put it after the DP, and facing 6 o'clock so I and lay down next to car and put it in/out easier, and a little further from the heat source. Why would you want it facing the drivers side? Also, I hear we should angle the bung up so the water doesn't flow into the sensor.
IL KIM 85 GN w/86 motor, TRW pistons, Weber 206 billet roller cam, EGR welded, o/sized valves, 130psi springs, roller rockers, 3000 conv, adj w/gate, FPR, custom rad, KB ram air, ported, KB headers, Walbro 340M/hotwire, 60lb Hi Z, CPT66bb
Old 04-02-2007, 12:23 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Question Re: WB O2 bung placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmosher
just before the joint at about the 3 o'clock position
Toward the inside (i.e. transmission side), correct?

So would this not be the "9 o'clock" position? Since the driver's side is the "left", I guess I think of "clock" positions looking from the driver's seat.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:25 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Exclamation Re: WB O2 bung placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL KIM
Why would you want it facing the drivers side?
The lead is not that flexible. If you want it to scrape the pavement, or be snared be road debris, have at it.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Senior Contributor

IL KIM is on a distinguished road

Guess I'll find out when it get's to my doorstep. Are you planning on permanently wiring the lead to the sensor location? I heard the sensor shouldn't be installed permanently (shorter life), so I wasn't thinking of the sensor wire being permanently routed either.
IL KIM 85 GN w/86 motor, TRW pistons, Weber 206 billet roller cam, EGR welded, o/sized valves, 130psi springs, roller rockers, 3000 conv, adj w/gate, FPR, custom rad, KB ram air, ported, KB headers, Walbro 340M/hotwire, 60lb Hi Z, CPT66bb
Old 04-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Senior Contributor

chrisgarrett is on a distinguished road

The sensor is not permanently installed. You have a bung welded on so the sensor can be removed. The instructions will tell you not to put it lower than 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock because of all the moisture in the pipe. If you put it at 6 o'clock it will be ruined by water from the exhaust.
I put mine just before the test pipe at the 10 o'clock position on the driver's side. The wire then goes up over the trans to the back of the motor. My LC1 is then zip tied to the top of the harness and the wires go thru the hole in the firewall. Some guys have cut holes in the trans shroud and put the LC1 unit in the car, under the console.
2008 rebuild, Comp roller cam, Cat stroker, RJC gridle, CPT66BB, PTE Stock Location, Champion iron, 60# Mototron, ported throttlebody, RJC Power Plate, Jimmy-built trans w/Precision Vigilante converter, ATR SS dual exhaust, Razor alky.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Support

PaCemkr86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PaCemkr86

bung here

My Turbo Buick
Old 04-05-2007, 12:07 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Unhappy Re: WB O2 bung placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgarrett
The instructions will tell you not to put it lower than 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock because of all the moisture in the pipe.
I delved into the box last night, and read the 'quick start' stuff looking for the 10-and-2 reference. Then I realized that the instructions were on the CD. Found the CD, and...its damaged. *sigh* Now I need to get ahold of one of those. Regardless, I think I'll shoot for the 10 o'clock position near the lower curve of the Houston pipe, before the test pipe.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Senior Contributor

chrisgarrett is on a distinguished road

Manuals on online:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support.php
2008 rebuild, Comp roller cam, Cat stroker, RJC gridle, CPT66BB, PTE Stock Location, Champion iron, 60# Mototron, ported throttlebody, RJC Power Plate, Jimmy-built trans w/Precision Vigilante converter, ATR SS dual exhaust, Razor alky.