GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Events > Buick Scene

Old 01-16-2009, 03:56 AM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Urgent - call/write to oppose "cash for clunkers"

Let me start off by saying this is not a Buick-specific post. However, I believe it is VERY relevant to the hobby in the USA, and those in the USA need to act quickly:

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62498

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is working to draft a "Cash for Clunkers" bill to have President Elect Obama sign right after he is in office. She somehow thinks this will cure problems with the environment and spur new car purchases.

Naturally, we all know that trying to find parts for older cars relies heavily on other old cars. It is imperative that all in the US voice your opposition to this effort. Read the information above and contact her office. Also, contact the offices of your local federal senators and congresspeople to voice your opposition as well. I'm sure we all support the US auto industry, and do NOT feel that destroying the recycled parts available to us is the best way to make it better.

Look up your senators and congresspeople at http://www.semasan.com/san/ContactYourLegislator.aspx

Please forward as you deem necessary.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:58 AM

413turbo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 413turbo
Default Re: Urgent - call/write to oppose "cash for clunkers"

i've got a problem with crushers where i live now. last year they took a crusher and closed 2 yards. just yesterday i stopped at what used to be a good cheap junkyard. i had seen a regal with a turbo hood and bumper fillers go in there 3 days ago on a wrecker. the guy told me he had a regal, but it was crushed the day before. he did offer to sell me the hollander books.

the pull a parts yards here do hold the cars for awhile, letting you get the good parts off them before they crush.

i was telling my girl (she helps me in the yards and on the car) turbo regal parts are high, but you can find them, give it a few more years with the scrappers, and parts will be sky high, if you can find them.

write a letter, oppose this bill - i will.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:30 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Urgent - call/write to oppose "cash for clunkers"

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62519

To those who voiced your opposition, THANK YOU! You were heard. Both the House and Senate sides of this lost the writings for the "clunker" legislation, and it was signed without it.

That does not mean that you should kick back and forget this ever happened. It will come up again. And likely soon. Keep your eyes peeled, and your ears open. Join SEMA's mail list or visit their site periodically. Do not let your hobby be legislated away from you.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:13 PM

413turbo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 413turbo
Default Re: Urgent - call/write to oppose "cash for clunkers"

thanks for the update, i was thinking about it a few days ago. good to hear.