GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Body/Trim/Detailing Tips > Interior Details

Old 01-12-2006, 09:43 PM

onefastcar is on a distinguished road
Cool cruise stalk

How do you remove the stalk on cruise have new one just not sure if i have to pull the steering wheel off or not a little direction please or a swift kick in the general area.
87 gn stock turbo, adj. waste gate act, hot wired 340 warlboro pmp, accufab reg., 42lb inj., 2 fan set-up, kenne bell cold air, smc alky kit, 2800 l/up converter, tt chip, scanmaster, not track tested heck not out of my garage shes gettin a makeover.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:09 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: cruise stalk

Short answer: No, you don't. It can all be done with the column intact. Trying to find the instructions on our site, or at least in our archives...
Old 01-14-2006, 08:31 AM

Default Re: cruise stalk

I hear you can just pull it off, i will look at my new one and see if i can't figure it out, i'm just wary of pulling or yanking on something and causing myself more work than i already have.

Thanks Lewis
87 gn stock turbo, adj. waste gate act, hot wired 340 warlboro pmp, accufab reg., 42lb inj., 2 fan set-up, kenne bell cold air, smc alky kit, 2800 l/up converter, tt chip, scanmaster, not track tested heck not out of my garage shes gettin a makeover.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:53 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: cruise stalk

The cruise/turn stalk just 'pops' into a recepticle in the turn signal switch that's in the column. The cruise functions are hooked to the wires that are attached to the back of the stalk and pass through the column.

To R&R it, you basically have to remove the old cruise connector under the dash, attach some string (firmly!) to the cruise connector at the bottom of the old one, remove the old stalk, and pull the wires and cruise connector out through the column - leading the pull string with it as you go.

Then attach the cruise connector on the new one to the string, pull it through the column, disconnect the string when it reaches the bottom, attach the connector, and put the stalk in at the top.

Tape the string/connector area so it doesn't get pulled apart. Otherwise, you'll be pretty upset...

Did this on my old V6 Limited, but not on my T. Wish I had pictures and a good writeup. This is something we need on the site.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:28 AM

Thumbs up Re: cruise stalk

Tell ya what i'll do i'll take pics and email them to ya for future people to use and you could do a write up, the stalk does just pull out like ya said a little twist to the left, a little tug and violla out she came.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:10 PM

Here are the pics of cruise removal.

pic 1 removal which is twist to the left and pull, stalk will pop out.

pic 2 you will need to remove both lower fuse panel and column panel.

pic 3 cut old stalk from wire and to tape to new wire pull through gently, not shown is a plastic electrical cover remove this prior otherwise it will likely catch or snag on it.

pic 4 wire end location close to the center console.

pic 5 insert stalk and twist to the right and violla you're done!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 038.jpg
Views:	1700
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	201  

Last edited by onefastcar; 01-20-2006 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:25 PM

pic 3 of instructions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 042.jpg
Views:	1499
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	202  

Last edited by onefastcar; 01-20-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:27 PM

pic 2 of instructions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 040.jpg
Views:	1457
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	203  
Old 01-20-2006, 09:37 PM

pic 4 of instructions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 043.jpg
Views:	1430
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	204  
Old 01-20-2006, 09:39 PM

pic 5 of instructions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 044.jpg
Views:	1471
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	205