GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Engine Mechanical

Old 08-04-2005, 08:06 AM

fastblackcar is on a distinguished road
Default HELP Front cover leaking

just went out for the first ride this year, i have a bad leak some where around the front cover area, i ordered a new seal and gasket for the front cover and oil pan gasket, i put the car together myself apperently i messed something up, i removed 1 of the dowel pins to make the job easier, but something went wrong, can i lower the pan off the car w/o any major under taking? after this discourging leak i think im going to do it right and remove the front cover and oil pan and reinstall the cover first, any advice would be great, a job done twice is a job done right, so i've heard!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Support

PaCemkr86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PaCemkr86
Default Re: HELP Front cover leaking

the pan comes loose from the block eaily, but gettin totaly out of the car takes a lil effort
Old 08-04-2005, 11:53 PM

mybuick is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mybuick Send a message via Yahoo to mybuick
Default Re: HELP Front cover leaking

did you put the oil slinger back in. it looks like a small cone thet goes over the crankshaft, where the chain is on and keeps oil from comming out on deceleration when the oil gets sloshed to the front of the pan. if its not there then you will have to find one.
.030 109 ballanced, gt51 25#, msd 50# inj, all billet mains, bms rods, ported heads, comp cams .459 lift, champion intake, precision fm, accufb 70mm tb, 340 fp hotwired, northern alum rad, b&m tranny cooler. all on 93 octane...
Old 08-05-2005, 09:10 AM

1badv6 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: HELP Front cover leaking

food for thought... if your going to take it off I think you should upgrade front seal with new style and then you don't have to worry about the shield and since your there should also convert to Dbl chain and also upgrade oiling system

Federal Mogul No. 472319 which is a more durable, better sealing neoprene design