GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Add-on Electronics and Electrical > General Electrical

Old 05-17-2008, 01:47 AM

86GNGUY is on a distinguished road
Question power door locks/ dome lights/ courtesy lgts

Any help is appreciated:--- This might sound like a silly ? but suddenly my power door locks/ dome lights/ floor courtesy lights don't work. I know the obvious is to check the fuses, but my fuse block lettering is getting faint to read, due to old man time i guess. My power windows work / dash lights etc. Could someone direct me to the proper fuse and amperage , this would save a lot of time, or is it more serious, or a fusible link, and if so , where exactly. The battery is brand new. Thanks --86GNGUY.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Support

Ts86ttype is on a distinguished road
Default Re: power door locks/ dome lights/ courtesy lgts

Third row from the bottom of the fuse pannel, in the middle is the 20 amp clk-cig fuse. Most likely the problem. Right next to it is the 30 amp dom-ctsy fuse. It never hurts to take your test light and test all your fuses. Good luck... Tom G.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:44 AM

Bang Head Re: power door locks/ dome lights/ courtesy lgts

Thanks Tom.G for the reply, it was helpful, and it was the 20amp fuse. The only problem now is that it blows every new one i try, which tells me there's a short to ground, but where? I'm not sure but are the door locks/ dome and courtesy lights the only thing on that circut? I don't even know where to begin, anyone got any obvious spots. I guess it's needle in a haystack time, thanks again. ---86GNGUY.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Support

It's probably the cigarette lighter. Look in side the lighter reciever and see if the two small contacks at the bottom are bent and touching the side of the reciever, that will ground out and blow the fuse. Also you can just plane unplug the lighter and try a new fuse. Good luck... Tom G.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:42 AM

Thumbs up Re: power door locks/ dome lights/ courtesy lgts

Tom. G-----Thanks again for your tip, the tabs were touching the reciever in the cigarette lighter, i bent them straight and then unplugged the power wire as i don't use it anyway. Installed a new 20 amp fuse and good to go, door locks work / lights etc. You've been a great help , saved me a lot of time, thanks again 86GNGUY----Steve.P( Canadian 86 GN owner)
Old 05-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Support

Steve P... Glad you got it sorted out. Tom G. 86 T-Type owner