GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Turbo TRader > Parts FOR SALE

Old 04-16-2007, 05:21 PM

JRI5906 is on a distinguished road
Default Headlight Bezels

I have a set of Chrome Buick Regal Bezels. I have prepped them appropriately and painted them black with a automitive paint store trim paint. They look real nice and are straight.

Someone told me that the chrome actually holds the plastic together and keeps it straight. Sounds like a good theory, because like I said they are straight.

The passenger side bezel has an outside screw hole which is a little larger and the screw and the screw slips threw, you cant tell this unless you look at it from six inches away.

The bezels are currently on my 87 GN and will provide pics if wanted. I just purchased a set of NOS for the sum of $300.00 (they are not cheap).

These used bezels are $85.00 for the set and $15.00 for shipping and handling. Let me know if you are interested at joseinterian@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Last edited by JRI5906; 04-16-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Headlight Bezels

Old 04-19-2007, 05:48 PM

Regal84 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: Headlight Bezels

I can't believe you actually did that do you know how easily the black paint will come off those. I've seen so many people try and paint chrome regal
parts black and within a few months it just chips away. I would definitly reconsider your price. As for paying for those new Bezels $300.00 you got ripped off ouch!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:12 PM

turbo87regal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to turbo87regal
Default Re: Headlight Bezels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regal84
I can't believe you actually did that do you know how easily the black paint will come off those. I've seen so many people try and paint chrome regal
parts black and within a few months it just chips away. I would definitly reconsider your price. As for paying for those new Bezels $300.00 you got ripped off ouch!!!
My drivers side bezel is a chrome painted black and has been on the car for 6 years and has seen at least 20k miles without a problem so if it's done properly it will hold up.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:08 PM

DaveT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regal84
As long as you scuff the sh!t out of the chrome and primer it good the paint will stick. If you expect to just be able to take your rattle can and spray them unscuffed and it will last it aint gonna happen.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:52 PM

To:Regal 84

These bezels were painted by the previous owner,several years ago with no problems. They were prepped correctly and I again prepped them when I re-painted them to freshen up the black. There was no and is no pealing.

Thanks for your concern about my $300.00 price on my new bezels. If I bought them, that means I can afford them. If you want perfection, you have to pay for it. They look great on my 87 GN.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:53 PM

BEZELS HAVE BEEN SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!