GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Hot Air Cars - 1984 - 1985 Turbo Regals/ GNs

Old 03-07-2005, 08:25 PM

JBIRD is on a distinguished road
Bang Head Inj Size For Hot Air?

I Keep Getting Mixed Opinions About Higher Inj On The Hot Air Cars. I Have 30lb. On Now, But Everyone Says They Are To Small For My Turbo Set Up, Which Is An Innovative- T3/t4 Hybrid Sh50 W/stage 5 Turbine Wheel, This Was Made Special To Fit In Stock Location.(not By My Choice), And I Have Their Front Mount Intercooler Set Up As Well! But When I Try To Ask Co. About Bigger Inj, And A Custom Chip For My 85, Some Of Them Say That You Get The Best Results With The 30lb, On A Hot Air, And Bigger Doesn't Mean Better!
Any Help, As Always,is Appreciated!
Old 03-07-2005, 10:50 PM

1QUICK85 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Inj Size For Hot Air?

I dont know what turbo that is or injector size you should run with it???I would say if you are leaning out on the top end then you may need more injector or up the fuel pressure.

Do you have the following done yet -
bigger fuel pump...walbro pump?
adj. fuel pressure reg.?
hotwire kit on the fuel pump?

You will need those to support your injectors so they can do their job effectively. Do you still have the stock setup or did they toss that on ya.........man those guys suck!!! If you get an ATR downpipe..(also you could post on the turbobuick.com board in the parts wanted...if you want to stay on a decent budget and get a used downpipe)..get a race pipe too(ya got emissions down there?). Then a hooker exhaust system is the best bang for the buck!!

I emailed ya back....man. Also have you been on the turbobuick.com board at all? Killer hotair section over there with a lot of us hotair guys!!

Later, Nick
Old 03-07-2005, 11:00 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Inj Size For Hot Air?

The 30 lb. injectors you have are very close to the stock 28 lb. injectors. The stock chips will even work OK with them. Go larger, but just a bit.

I'd recomend 36 lb. injectors...if you can find 'em. If not, go to 38 or 40 lb. The Bosch 'blue top' "Ford" injectors just work so well, have such a great spray pattern, and have good chips cut for them; they are a no-brainer for a conservative upgrade. I know some may disagree, but I don't think that you need anything bigger for a small turbo upgrade.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:55 AM

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!
YEAH, I WAS TRYING TO STAY A LITTLE MORE ON THE CONSERVATIVE SIDE, I'LL CHECK FOR THE 38'S,
I KNOW I GUY THAT ALREADY HAS A NICE CASPERS CHIP SET UP FOR 36'S, THAT HE WAS WILLING TO GET TO ME!
SO IF I COULD EVEN FIND THE 36'S IT WOULD BE PERFECT!
WE'LL SEE!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:24 AM

1QUICK85 is on a distinguished road

Is the caspers chip setup for 84/85? Ya know our chips aren't interchangable with the 86/87's unless of course your running the 86/87 ecm setup? Also a custom burnt chip would be best for your combo......because it gets custom burnt to your specific combo!!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:52 AM

CASPERS CHIP IS FOR HOT AIR CAR, THE GUY IS YANKING HIS ENG, AND BUILDING AN 87 ENG, OH WELL, LOSING ANOTHER ONE, BUT IT MEANS MORE PARTS FOR THE REST OF THE HOT AIR GUYS!