GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > FAQ and General > General Turbo Regal Questions

Old 02-19-2009, 02:08 PM

1987TTYPE is on a distinguished road
Question Returning to US, Need Help With My Baby

Hi Everyone,

My name is Pat Campbell.

I originally purchased my 1987 T-Type Turbo in November, 1986. Obviously, the car is important to me having owned it for 22 years.

I am asking for assistance of other enthusiasts for the following reason.

In November 2005 I retired to Colombia, South America. However, I just could not bear to sell my faithful vehicle. It is currently located in Hacienda Heights, CA about 20 miles east of downtown Los Angeles.

I have not returned to the United States in over 3 years. However, the financial meltdown of the economy greatly reduced my assets and it looks as if I will need to return to seek work. Yes, I know that it is a terrible time to be looking, but circumstances dictate that I do so.

What I am hoping to find is one or two persons expert in these cars to help me get my baby running well once again.

The transmission was rebuilt in 2005 and the engine was “rebuilt” while I was out of the country.

My family tells me that the car runs, but who knows what that means?

If there are any kind souls in the Southern California vicinity that would be willing to help me diagnose the health of my car, I would be most grateful for any assistance that they might be able to give to me. I will need to use the car, as I did for years, as my daily driver.

My expected return to the United States is currently slated for mid March 2009.

Anyone who can help me please contact me at patcampbell1950@yahoo.com.

Thanks for whatever assistance you can give me.