GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Wheels/Tires

Old 07-20-2014, 07:07 PM

brenthoughton is on a distinguished road
Default finding tires

Just signed up here, live in alberta canada. What are some suggestions for tires that will fit on the stock rims of my 84 gn, currently have 275-50-15s BFG t/a on but cant get them up here they are all on back order for months. IM Close enough to run to Montana to pick some up, its a regular driver for 4-5 months in the summer but want to street drag it on some weekends. Just dynod at 330 at the rears @ 14 lbs of boost but have boost controller and can go up from there.
seriously cant find any 275s up here i could fit 285s does anyone make them??? but i think 295s are going to rub on the inside. ALL info on Brands/sizes/dealers would be greatly appreciated, feel free to email me! Thanks all
Old 07-22-2014, 01:30 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: finding tires

The BFGs in that size have not been produced in many years. And not much available as a street radial in that size anymore.

To get that size in a nice, non-drag radial tire I would recommend the Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R. They have several widths in a 26" tall tire. All depends on what rims you have to get a good fitment.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...em=SportsmanSR
Old 07-22-2014, 07:25 PM

brenthoughton is on a distinguished road
Default Re: finding tires

So with my 275's on the stock aluminum 84 rims i can prob go a total of 1/2 inch wider in total width without frame notching or fender rolling, back to the internet to do some searching. thanks
Old 07-28-2014, 06:48 AM
GNTTYPE Founder

Exclamation Re: finding tires

I would not recommend a tire that wide on a 7" wheel. You will wear the centers out, and it can come off the rim since the sides will balloon out.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:44 AM
87_T_Limited

87_T_Limited is on a distinguished road
Default Re: finding tires

Go online to Tire Rack, enter the tire size you want and up pops what's currently available. You may buy wherever you wish, but the site provides good info.

P245/60R15 are available for the rear and lots of P215/65R15 for the front.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:01 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Lightbulb Re: finding tires

While 245/60 will fit on stock wheels, they'll be a little taller than stock. (Albeit, not much.) A 235/60 is a very good match.

Last edited by Keller; 08-09-2014 at 01:25 PM.