GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Cooling Systems

Old 08-10-2009, 08:14 AM

gbsean is on a distinguished road
Default Serpintine Belt #'s

found this while searching some other sites

Stock: Dayco 5060640 64"
AC Delete: Dayco 5060630 63"
Under-drive: Dayco 5060620 62"
Under-drive with A/C Delete: Dayco 5060610 61"

originally posted on

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/gen...ml#post1403699

Buick Performance Group Chairman
Old 08-02-2012, 08:45 AM

coatkins is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Serpintine Belt #'s

I have been fighting the serpentine belt war for a few months now. belt shredded, found it was a loose alternator bracket that mounts to the driver side header bolt. Fixed and replaced with the 64" belt. Belt started slipping. replaced the tensioner pulley, no luck. Replaced alternator, water pump, and finally belt tensioner (which are no where to be found by the way). No fix. The 64" belt still slips. It appears that it is about 1/8 of an inch too long to set proper tension. I could spin the alternator fan with my finger. Dropped down to the 63 " belt and all is well again with the world. I do still have air conditioning. The tension seems right. Just saying so that noone else spends roughly a $1000.00 when the right size belt is $25.00. I have a spare belt tensioner is anyone is looking for one.