GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Turbo TRader > Cars WANTED

Old 03-01-2006, 05:19 PM

1quicksix is on a distinguished road
Default Wanting gnx

looking for a gnx in need of resto. if such a thing exsits . . . ? ? ?
Old 03-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Tech Support

PaCemkr86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PaCemkr86
Default Re: Wanting gnx

ive never seen one

My Turbo Buick
Old 03-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Senior Contributor

NOTACARLO is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NOTACARLO

There's one for sale in Dallas, but it needs no attention.

Richardson Import Auto - Adi Glatz is selling it, don't know who the owner is.
Just another not stock regal. P&P heads/intake, 61mm GT, SLIC w/neck, SMC boozamahol, Sewer sized DP, 60#inj, TT 93, Hofer tranny, fuel cell, A1000 pump, stock cam/pistons, 100lb springs, titanium retainers, SS polished TA valves.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Senior Contributor

JHensberry is on a distinguished road

FWIW all the GNXs Ive seen or heard of are garage queens with very low miles
Old 03-02-2006, 10:22 AM

captn23 is on a distinguished road

best bet would be lookin for a former racecar. there are a few out there, ---somewhere!
it would be one hellova tough search. and you'd probably still have to pay premium$$$$$$.

ive been fortunate enough to find not one, but two gnx's in junkyards. both were totaled by the insurance co.'s and headed to the scrap heap. niether were in bad condition but both were dismantled for thier parts before thier fate was sealed. j-y's really cant let these cars go to the public, and can always make $$ on the parts. one i found in my local area on e-bay believe it or not. -and yes i did get my hands on some pretty nice parts -from both!!!!
my wife is still mad @ me.

truth is, when you compare the prices of new cars, are gnx's really that expensive???
there are domestic built trucks that can cost more, no rare #'s, ceramic turbos, cute jackets, nothing. just a production line vehicle!!
i mean, i cant afford the xtra cash to pay the insurance on a new car(not where i live) but someone is buying them. i see new and expensive cars everywhere -mercedes hummer corvette lexus acura cadillac etc etc all can easily cost more than a gnx!!!

if you have the credit or equity to aquire the proper loan you'd be better off just getting a nice one. they are e-z to find. a resto can be quite an expensive undertaking with no guarantee as to the finished result. -and will never be worth as much as a genie(and there are plenty of originals out there). good luck
Old 03-02-2006, 11:11 AM

while i do agree with you on finding a newer nicer one. I was really just looking for one i could work as i own a body shop and do resto work so i would know what kind of work was being done on the car. But if you know where any nicer all orginal ones are just let me know. But id really rather not pay any more than 50,000 and with the market on these cars taking off so much just in last year and half or so im not sure if you can find a nice one all original with lower miles for that

Last edited by 1quicksix; 03-02-2006 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:06 AM

captn23 is on a distinguished road

i watch ebay all the time, it 'seems' like they average 1 or 2 gnx's a month, not bad considering the low production #'s. and milage/documentation also seems to vary.
last year there was a former race car gnx that looked kinda rough from the pics -probably right up your alley. but that is long gone. dont remember if it sold or not. but what your looking for IS out there. there is a complete gnx powertrain listed right now but tha dude is asking $7k as a starting bid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey p.t.barnum said it "there is one born every minute"
lets see if he finds someone so foolish with that kinda money to blow.

i would contact e-bay sellers,even if the bids are over your price. it seems like most specialty cars do not sell -even if there is a winning bidder. you may get lucky. this is how i founf my second gnx parts car, i lost the auction but kept in contact with the seller. the winner couldnt come up with the funds. when i showed up(the car was local), i had a field day!
sellers re-list with regularity and i know plenty of people who thought they'd get more than thier price for thier rides on e-bay only to be tied down with a zillion e-mails and no serious buyers.
i know im getting of the subject but,
peeps are only gonna pay big$$$ for concours condition WITH documentation.
most who own drivers are foolin themslves as to the values of thier cars.
its the sentimental value thing, i guess.

also buy an issue of the dupont registry, most of the cars in there are overpriced but if my memory serves me correct there are dealers who advertise in there that specialize in gn's and tta's and may be able to help.
im sure if you contacted kirban enterprises they can help. and hemmings motor news is like a bible to me!

as for the values of the cars. yeah, they seemed to really jump in recent years, but so has the cost of living. real estate values have skyrocketed in the last 8-10 years nationwide with low interest rates, BUT now interest rates are skyrocketing, and detering people to buy. our nations surplus has turned to deficet and our nation is in a time of war while gas and energy prices are going through the roof. ALL of the domestic automakers are also in deep financial trouble. investers are getting nervous! i may be talking out of my ass right now, but in the next few years the buying bubble may burst and people may be looking to liquidate investments -like gnx's

unfortunately it seems the best deals come @ the worst times. but your car is out there -it is just a matter of research & patience

i have a relative with a gnx, paid well under 50k for his about 3-4 years ago(on e-bay).he's not a rich guy. i dont talk to him much and dont know if he wants to sell -but i can ask.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:20 AM

Steve88 is on a distinguished road

There was a GNX in the Memphis area a month or so back that was in need of some restoration. It was listed in the Collector Car Trader. It was fairly low miles(~30K) but was not all that well cared for from what others said that looked at it. It wasn't terrible it just looked like a 20 year old car and the guy wanted about $35K for it. A guy on TB.com was first in line on it and passed on it. He said it was worth the money he just wasn't looking for a car that needed work. There was also a GNX a few years back on TB.com that had over 100K miles on it and sold for around $20K. I have no idea where it is now. There are some with some miles on them out there. I know there was one that was used as a daily driver in Jacksonville FL back in the early 90's. It was traded in at LLoyds COrvette's and had about 50K on it then.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Senior Contributor

NOTACARLO is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NOTACARLO

I sincerely doubt the car in Dallas is going for $50K+. I would say more like $35-40K. Adi will be back next month, give him a call.

(972) 234-8488 - Adi Glatz (Awdy Glots)

Or you could call now and see if the guys running the shop know.
Just another not stock regal. P&P heads/intake, 61mm GT, SLIC w/neck, SMC boozamahol, Sewer sized DP, 60#inj, TT 93, Hofer tranny, fuel cell, A1000 pump, stock cam/pistons, 100lb springs, titanium retainers, SS polished TA valves.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:45 PM

thanks for the input guys . . captn23 if you could get some info on the one your family member owns and if he would consider selling it. I would be interested.