GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Fuel Systems

Old 08-06-2006, 02:36 PM

dz28 is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel delivery issue

well, put the Walbro 340 pump on, the Caspers hot wire and now can't seem to get fuel to the engine. Any start up issues this reasonably new TR owner should be aware of? I'm assuming the car will buy fuel pressure with the key on. lots of cranking and still no fuel up to the s valve on the fuel rail. I disconnected the hot wire and went back to the factory harness with no change. I'm assuming it's in the pump. I have approximately 2-1/2 gallons in the tank. Not happy that I took the car apart and didn't get the job done. Really not in a big hurry to drop the tank again as that's not the most fun I've had under a car. All suggestions are sincerely appreciated as the woodward cruise is looming real soon...
Old 08-06-2006, 05:41 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Fuel delivery issue

I'd start with the stock harness first.

Check the fuse in the car. Is the FP/INJ harness blown? If so, you won't get fuel.

If not, does the pump run at key-on for a second? It should. If not, the solenoid might be bad. You could try shorting the black test connector behind the A/C compressor to hot (i.e. back of the alternator) and see if the pump runs.

If not, there are larger problems. Perhaps a bad connection at the pump or hanger,
Old 08-07-2006, 07:18 PM

dz28 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fuel delivery issue

The instructions say: "C2) Remove the pump by inverting the bracket. Pull down on the fuel pump until the inlet end clears the pump support and swing it to the side and remove the pump and pulsator from the bracket fuel outlet tube. Save the pulsator and the pulsator to fuel pump rubber spacer for use in mounting the new pump" What they meant to say was "chuck everything that doesn't look right and make sure the pulsator is in the bottom of the trash bucket when done"!

What fun it was pulling the tank for a second time in the hot humid weather by myself. Pulled the pulsator, put a stretch of fuel line in and the beatch fires first kick The old girl is running again.... thanks for all the help.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:30 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Fuel delivery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz28
What they meant to say was "chuck everything that doesn't look right and make sure the pulsator is in the bottom of the trash bucket when done"!
Amen! It just cuts down flow anyway. And its a very quiet pump to begin with.

Hope those clamps are tight. Now you're a fuel pump pro, and have lost a few pounds. Go spank a few pony cars to celebrate.