GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Events > Buick Events

Old 11-18-2004, 02:46 PM

Drivenmenuts is on a distinguished road
Default GN airs on the History Channel 11/20/04

FYI:

http://www.historychannel.com/global...GrpId=11985922
Old 11-18-2004, 09:25 PM

Ssvalleyboy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GN airs on the History Channel 11/20/04

What a great find!!! I'll be there.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:33 PM
GNTTYPE Founder

Keller is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: GN airs on the History Channel 11/20/04

Note that this show contacted GNTTYPE in August looking for sources. Myself and Scott Simpson sent suggestions for contacts and what years of cars to use. And...look what happened. Instead you get the 'cueball twins' who can't even grow hair messing up a pair of 'hot air' cars and making them run dismal times with partst none of us would use. We even have recipies on this site instructing anyone how to do it properly. Hot air or intercooled.

Here is the letter we received from the show. I've xxx'ed out the email and phone number to protect the guilty.

-------------------

Subject: History Channel show featuring the Buick Grand National
To: <gnttype-info@gnttype.org>

Hi,

I am currently working on a program for the History Channel called "Full Throttle". I have attached a description of our show from a press blurb we created.

Our show focuses not only on the classic cars we are rebuilding, but we also look at the history of the cars and their engines. I am writing to you because we are looking for historians on the Buick Grand National to interview for our show. If you have any information on historians (preferably in the Southern California area), please feel free to pass on my information. I would appreciate any help you can give so that we can give an accurate portrayal of the Buick Grand National to our viewers.

Thank you very much,

Sandra

--
Sandra C. Ruckdeschel
Associate Producer
"Full Throttle"
(818) 385-xxxx

----------------------

Ladies and gentleman, start your engines. Triage Entertainment and the History Channel are going to take you on a thrill ride though time! Full Throttle, a new one-hour reality show challenges two teams of everyday mechanics to overhaul the finest classic cars available and literally bring them up to speed. Hosted by world-renowned mechanics Marc and Eric Kozeluh - A.K.A. The Turbo Twins, each episode will feature the transformation of a classic car into the fastest machine that the twenty-first century can produce. The teams will have just two days (20 hours) to complete their vehicle. Then it’s off to the track where they’ll be racing for pink slips- the winners of the quarter mile drag will go home with both newly restored cars! Memorable machines will include the Chrysler 300C, Chevy Camaro, Buick Grand National, Ford Mustang, Datsun 240Z, AMC Gremlin and Pacer, VW Beetle, the DeLorean and more. Our road trip down memory lane will explore the history of the cars, their components and the eras in which they ruled the roads. Fasten your seatbelts, this show is ready to roll and it’s going to go Full Throttle!
Old 11-20-2004, 04:22 PM

rgs455 is on a distinguished road

You're right, Scott. The producers could have done a much better job of portraying those cars. I doubt if I'll watch again.

Last edited by rgs455; 11-20-2004 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:36 PM

lookforaGN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to lookforaGN

Well Scott, I have to say that I was kinda upset that the cars did not run any faster than they did, but I am so ready to have a GN that I was glad to see them on a show that had some history on the cars even though they did not really tell me stuff that I didn't already know....lol, I am from the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

I really enjoy this site, keep up the good work.

Jerry
Old 11-21-2004, 12:35 AM

GNXDad is on a distinguished road

Watched the show myself. It seemed "watered down."

I did not like the presentation on the GNX.

I guess something is better than nothing on getting the word out.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:46 PM

jhef83 is on a distinguished road

I think they threw that show together quicker than they threw the cars together. They sold the t-top car that ran 17sec and broke on ebay as a 13sec car capable of 11's. Lucky for them it sold before show aired
Old 11-24-2004, 01:40 PM

Fat_TrackGN7 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fat_TrackGN7

I think if they were trying to portray the GN in all its glory, they did a very bad job. First off why would they get the poster boys for ricers of America to host the show. Next if they wanted to show off the GN why not use an 86 or 87 (granted thats my opinion because I like them more). Then they get some of the greatest drivers to drive them, I mean I just don't understand how it took them 10 sec's to get to 60 mph, then trap at somewhere around 16.5 @ 98 (I forget exactly what it was). there are many more things they did wrong like launching and what not but I'm sure everyone else knows it all already.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:17 PM

turbogn86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to turbogn86

ok i have had this car (86' GN) since i was 15 (yes i am very luck) an i am 16 now almost 17 i have worked on this car since it rolled into my driveway i do not know more then any other typical owner would but when i am constently seeing defects in the program airing on TV that could of easily shown accurate information by just A) looking on this site an B) just sefing the net its self, its just disappointing. I mean its just not right to throw somthing together like that, i mean it had a 3200 stall those things should of been stalled up an lauching alot harder, plus with the showing of the 86-86 cars when talking about the 85, models i mean common u dont show a intercooled motor when ur telling the history of the hot air cars...
Old 12-18-2004, 01:48 PM

buickgn38sfi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to buickgn38sfi

I think everyone needs to go here and tell them what you think!