GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums
This is a general site search and does not include list archives.

Go Back   GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums > Technical Topics > Suspension/Rear Ends

Old 11-21-2004, 05:33 PM

matthew is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Shocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinGN
KYB's. VERY decent shock at a GREAT price..

Nope. KYBs are junk. Anyone I have ever recommended Bilsteins to who had KYBs previously agreed 100%. All I changed on my car was the shocks and a friend who rode in it asked what all I changed to make it ride so nice. Just the Bilsteins. KYBs are stiffer in compression and don't control the car any better. Worse ride, worse handling; KYBs are just terrible. BTDT. Running Bil's on 2 g-bodies. Including one you faxed me RPOs for about 9 years ago.

-Matthew
Old 11-21-2004, 11:35 PM

WH1Regal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WH1Regal
Default Re: Shocks?

I've been very happy with KYB GAS-A-JUST shocks. I read about them in the GN/TType archives and I put them on my Regal, liked them so much I also now have them on my 91 S-10 and my father's 00 S-10. They come in at alittle over $100 for four at http://www.p-s-t.com.
1999 Chevy S-10 4x4
1994 Chevy Caprice Classic Wagon
Old 11-23-2004, 08:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Turbo2nr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shocks?

If money is tight, or you have other serious issues with car, save money and go with stock shocks. They are fine. A Buick is not a real good car to go flying around turns anyway. Brakes are poor, handling is so-so. etc. These cars are made for point-and shoot, straight line go! The smooth ride is a nice feature in my opinion. I like my car better with no front sway bar at all! can't feel bumps as much....coffee drinking is OK. And easier to get up front end at the track. I do have a BIG rear sway bar. 1.51 60' with wheel up action. Stock motor/suspension (except big rear bar).....Smooth ride!
85 Riviera T-Type/ 87 GN, stock motor, GT67 P-trim .85 housing(no new times yet), 9" non-lockup Art Carr, T-brake, PTE front mount, 3" TB, Power Plate, 7th Shooter, SMC alky, Red Armstrong Chips, ATR rear Sway Bar, 11.1 with old turbo, 1.51 60'